Alexi passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why anyone here is entertaining the thought BAM will be going on after this. It was very clearly Alexi's project and should not be carried on after. I'm pretty positive Alexi wrote at least 90% of the material as he always has. Yes, the band has to make a living, but making a living under that moniker isn't realistic. They'd just piss people off. Would I love to see them start a project together under a different name? Definitely. Do I think they'll continue Bodom After Midnight with Alexi gone? Would Megadeth continue writing music without Dave? Have Motorhead continued writing music without Lemmy? Would Van Halen continue writing music without Eddie?

The answer to these questions is obvious and this conversation is laughable. I'm disappointed that anyone here would even entertain the idea otherwise. It's disrespectful to milk someone else's legacy in that way and I'm sure the band knows that as well.

That being said, I'd be all for Daniel reforming Naildown as he wrote some pretty great music with them, they just never saw much publicity.

They surely know better. How could anyone think they would continue. Unless they want to be some weird cover band. This is just not worth discussing, I even find it quite disrespectful in this thread. Probably because I am still devastated...

Took me some time before I logged in here to write something.

I wanted to share two short stories from recent days.

first one is that my son, 4 years old, kinda likes what I am listening too. So I thought I would introduce him to CoB, it felt the right thing to do after what happened, you know what I mean? So I played chaos ridden years on my TV. Imagine how I felt when he started to play his air guitar and scream along Alexi. Damn, it makes me cry even now. From then he wants to play like Alexi, obviously.

Few days later he asks me if Alexi is alive. We don't lie/hide things from him so we have similar conversations from time to time. So here I was, explaining to 4 year old that Alexi died, becouse he was very sick and doctors in the hospital weren't able to save him. Why? he asks, so I explain he had a very sick stomach, and if something is not working right there you may die. Why wasn't it working? he asked... So I go on about Alexi not taking care of him for a long time. Luckily my son was sitting at the backseat in the car, facing backwards because at this point I was happy to be waiting for the green light, as I couldn not see a fucking thing throug the tears. My son ended the conversation by saying at least we can listent to his music, so that's what we do now.

Fuck me. Miss you Alexi.

I am not mad, dude, I have opinion. Like more people you prefer not to hear one if it's harsh toward someone you like. Deal with it. I am not stopping expressing it. Learn to accept it or leave, your choice. And quit involving me in personal fights anymore, I am done with you here. Or anywhere else. I started a new topic, you are coming back like a stray dog asking for more. You are not worth it.

I said previously I don't care which side is right. I am not defending anyone, both are grown up women and can take care of business themselves.

I agree, we can express our opinions all we want and even differ, this doesn't mean we have to insult one another - crazy Internet keyboard warrior is not an insult, stray dog and ants are. No hard feelings ;)

Anyhow let's get back on topic.

MadYarpen > great quote by your son, I think this is the best thing we can do these days. I will personnally be rocking out to Alexis' stuff as long as I can.

Reactions: MadYarpen
ftqln6f.jpg

Reactions: rj rl and Sany
While this post is nice, I feel like they should also honor the original creator of the symphonic tribute that is played there. At least afaik the never did that.

I cannot facepalm enough after reading some posts in this thread... wow.

Yes it's terrible.

Regardless of how much any people that knew Alexi in their private life creates drama, I would so really wish that all fans would ignore it.

I met Alexi multiple times, my best memory is sharing a bottle of vodka with him in the small bathroom in a Helsinki bar.

I wasn't a close friend or anything, but I got a decent read of his personality from talking with him . He would have HATED fans taking either side in the "Kimberly vs Kelli" situation right now, He wouldn't have wanted anyone commenting on his private affairs like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.