Alexi sound

iæm unsure, especially with the new pickups. I mean, i dont think the Lee Jackson work very well without gainboost

iæm unsure, especially with the new pickups. I mean, i dont think the Lee Jackson work very well without gainboost
True, i dont know it either. Im really curious what he actually changed more in his setup.

I think about it this way:
SD blackout = Active Electronic's
Gainboost = Active Electronics's
If this is true, i dont know.

I know he used Krank for recording the Guitar Hero album. But unfortunally i didnt see his rack on one of the Studio Pictures.

True, i dont know it either. Im really curious what he actually changed more in his setup.

I think about it this way:
SD blackout = Active Electronic's
Gainboost = Active Electronics's
If this is true, i dont know.

I know he used Krank for recording the Guitar Hero album. But unfortunally i didnt see his rack on one of the Studio Pictures.

The SD blackout has higher output than EMG 81 making it the most high output pickup now(ive heard it is atleast) so who knows how it will work then?. Also if you want to know how it sounds just look up the fuckin hellfest mtv reportage...you can hear it does have anything but thin tone. Very pleasant sounding. Might be he will use krank too or somethin but id guess he goes on but with the new pickup and rack.

IMO, EQ/OD pedals are meant to improve your sound, not the make your sound.

True but it can shape your sound and its not often when you have a expensive amp that when the for example the OD channel doesnt give you the crunch you need that it cant be corrected with a little something called tubescreamer:) And also if the amp is voiced towards something else a EQ will help. A OD will drive a for example rock/hard rock amp to metal. A EQ will help a metallica sounding ample sound more death metal etc etc. But all Stompboxes should be avoided at all costs. The distortion pedal aint meant to create your sound either...or yes it is but it does a poor job with that.

I don't like the sound because it hasn't got enough gain to play cob..i don't say about quality..

You should have fucking said that then! get a Maxon OD-9 or OD-808. Even a gainbooster would work but you will get better results with OD pedals i guess.

You should have fucking said that then! get a Maxon OD-9 or OD-808. Even a gainbooster would work but you will get better results with OD pedals i guess.

A distortion channel with an overdrive pedal?Will it work?

I don't like the sound because it hasn't got enough gain to play cob..i don't say about quality..

Lol!!!!! Most "decent" (your words) Engls have way TOO MUCH gain!!! I have a Powerball and I know noone who turns up the gain beyond 13:00.

More gain = Less punch = less assertiveness.

Seriously: When do these kids stop thinking gaingaingaingain?! The most metal recordings sound so thick and punchy because of less gain and more overdubs.

Lol!!!!! Most "decent" (your words) Engls have way TOO MUCH gain!!! I have a Powerball and I know noone who turns up the gain beyond 13:00.

Seriously: When do these kids stop thinking gaingaingaingain?! The most metal recordings sound so thick and punchy because of less gain and more overdubs.

I don't think that all engl amps have the same gain..

Well for myself i gotta say The Randall RH50 head does let the gain to be turned fully without loosing punch,becoming noisy,grainy or otherwise shitty sounding...but its on 15:00 often for me.(I only use my second channel(green gain) to solo and there the gain is on full to get maximum sustain and easy tapping and shit...or i usually have it on 13:00 becoz after that it sounds shit when sweeping and all so much gain it gets annoying :lol:)...BUT my peavey will exactly do what you say. Yeah well ive always thought engl like metal amps so i dont know what this guy is muttering about.

Congratz on your perfect triple post too:lol:

Well for myself i gotta say The Randall RH50 head does let the gain to be turned fully without loosing punch,becoming noisy,grainy or otherwise shitty sounding...but its on 15:00 often for me.(I only use my second channel(green gain) to solo and there the gain is on full to get maximum sustain and easy tapping and shit...or i usually have it on 13:00 becoz after that it sounds shit when sweeping and all so much gain it gets annoying :lol:)...BUT my peavey will exactly do what you say. Yeah well ive always thought engl like metal amps so i dont know what this guy is muttering about.

Congratz on your perfect triple post too:lol:

I personally hate randall amps (at least the transistor amps) and their gain. They (price range 700 Euro/head) absolutely don't have the assertiveness to be heard when the other guitar player plays a good tube amp.

Ah, it's all about opinion...

^^well mine is a tube amp...The solid states were only about 300-500 euro for the head. 120-300 watts. Mine is a 50 watt tube head. more than ill ever need:) Im pretty satisfied. with gain do you mean the "higain" sound? I dont think has THAT higain sound but im not sure:lol: