Alexi's/Roope's Strings

deathreaper666

New Metal Member
Jul 16, 2005
SUp Im new here and I saw alexi uses DRs. I was wondering what kinda DRs he has. I noticed he had HiBeams 11.50's...what are 11.50's? are they between a 11 and 12 gage?

Also can soMEone provide me with a link to them or where to buy theM? Or a model # would be nice.

just answer the freakin question!!!! maybe I just want to get the strings...wtf...is that a crime.... see why the allmightly alexi uses them

ok the DR highbeams arent bass strings in this case. the .11 - .50 is the gauge of the strings. .11 is the low E string, and the .50 is the high e string. and these strings you usually have to order offline here in america because not many stores carry that gauge for the highbeams. you can find them on www.musiciansfriend.com, they are i think $5.99 a pack

edit: sorry i was half awake when typing this, its backwards .11 is the high e string, and .50 is the low E string, thank you for pointing that out for me TOWARDSDEADEND.

LOL IC ! thanks ....

i have an ibanez S series and it has a floyd rose locking trem. .. Im guessin gage 11 strings wont hurt it...I only use 10's...

even better! my band and children of bodom are tuned down a whole step. Its my favorite tuning .... nice and deep yet nice and high.

That's about what i have on my Dropped-C tuned gretsch, it seems to me as if fast tremolo's on the bottom strings work better with this gauge.
And i wasn't slagging him off, i was just interested in the why, because every guitar player has a different kind of set that works for them. You can play the heavy bodom stuff like sixpounder on .9 dean markleys, too. I was just wondering if I would be answering a fanboy question yes or no. No hard feelings, I hope. And he is the one who flipped out, btw. If he can post a question, I should be allowed to question his question.