Alexi's solo's and composing songs.

sir Royal Eddie

Awesome Member
Feb 21, 2007
Florida, USA
www.cobhc.com
I was wondering when Alexi records all his solo's on his songs does he do extensive time at actually working out each individual solo for the most part, or does he improvise them all for the majority. I've never read anything about this in any english interviews or anything, but I was just curious because if he does just go in there and 1 or 2 take his solo's right off the fly that is AMAZING, because his solo's are very skilled and all over the place and just WOWZA! The reason I'm asking is because his actual solo's in all his songs seem alot more creative and structured then for instance when he just bust out a random guitar solo live or takes a solo. They always seem not as... "strong?" Has he ever talked about any of this or anything? I wonder how he goes about his song writing too, any interviews or info would be awesome! :headbang:

He just jams over the solo section and I think he records each one. Then he'll just go over and listen to all the takes, pick out the best licks from each one and then re-record a new one with all the cool licks that he took from previous takes.

I think I read that somewhere.

i think that he sits down for long for every solo he writes, that's why he show us the same shit on his lessons

i believe on most he does what warheart said. however he has said that on some songs he just screws around and whatever comes out comes out. if you want peace prepare for war was one song where the solo was just whacked out.