Gotta give it to Alexi

EndlessWhore

Mar 8, 2004
I saw Bodom last night in San Diego and finally they played fucking flawless, alexi had kickass changes to his solo's, they played Bodom After Midnight in it's entirety, and were drinking water on stage instead of being shitty drunk.

During angels don't kill, alexi looked like he was choking or something and my friend and i were all concerned. Then he ran off stage after the song and we were like "oh fuck". Well anyway, he came back and said he "puked his fucking guts out" and continued playing perfectly.

Finishing the song out was a total tough guy thing to do and i gotta give it to alexi for not quitting the song because he looked like absolute shit.

On a side note, my friend and i were talking to some douchebag that said his favorite band was In Flames and his favorite album was "The Jester QUEST!!" It completely invalidated anything the guy said after that.

I saw Bodom last night in San Diego and finally they played fucking flawless, alexi had kickass changes to his solo's, they played Bodom After Midnight in it's entirety, and were drinking water on stage instead of being shitty drunk.

During angels don't kill, alexi looked like he was choking or something and my friend and i were all concerned. Then he ran off stage after the song and we were like "oh fuck". Well anyway, he came back and said he "puked his fucking guts out" and continued playing perfectly.

Finishing the song out was a total tough guy thing to do and i gotta give it to alexi for not quitting the song because he looked like absolute shit.
Well, he does have eating problems, it's well documented. He doesn't eat enough on tour and well, being on stage with all the activity and heat it jsut makes him really sick, can't blame him for puking. He is used to it though, and he just sticks it out, and then gets some rest after the show usually (well, not always :lol:).

Oh and, don't forget... IT'S NOT FUCKING METAL TO QUIT PLAYING JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE THROWING UP A LUNG!!! :headbang:

On a side note, my friend and i were talking to some douchebag that said his favorite band was In Flames and his favorite album was "The Jester QUEST!!" It completely invalidated anything the guy said after that.

:lol:

i couldnt have said it better my friend

thats news to me that alexi has eating issues, but i guess that explains then what happened.

For some reason i have always thought alexi would go all axl rose even though he's always seemed pretty courteous.

His immune system is fucked. Not enough sleep, poor diet, stress, being on the road. It all builds up and drinking doesn't make ANYTHING better.

I'm surprised he still plays clean after all that. Usually if I'm feeling like ass my playing suffers a bit. I guess when you've been doing it for like 10 years though...

*lol*
I heard of junkies not puking during their concerts.
He's a pussy :rolleyes:
Eventhough , eating problems and stuff could explain such things

@ the op: you know, you might've posted that in the gigatour thread... it's stickied and it's the third sticky. It's not that hard to miss and stuff like that doesn't really deserve its own thread, imo.

I think it does. The guys mostly get shit from this forum, so even if they hardly come here, it's good to appreciate them.

man it's fucking unhealthy, and he does this all the time. Why the fuck doesn't he eat anything? Cus this is weirding me out :rofl:

But yeah, I'm glad he's playing flawless again :) .

^True.

POSTJUMP: :kickass: Alexi Finland ESP, and thanks for the vid.

Well, he does have eating problems, it's well documented. He doesn't eat enough on tour and well, being on stage with all the activity and heat it jsut makes him really sick, can't blame him for puking. He is used to it though, and he just sticks it out, and then gets some rest after the show usually (well, not always :lol:).

Oh and, don't forget... IT'S NOT FUCKING METAL TO QUIT PLAYING JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE THROWING UP A LUNG!!! :headbang:

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

He even puked on Roope's boot once while playing, :lol:

@ the op: you know, you might've posted that in the gigatour thread... it's stickied and it's the third sticky. It's not that hard to miss and stuff like that doesn't really deserve its own thread, imo.

Why not? It's not about Gigantour itself but about giving props to Alexi.

I think it does. The guys mostly get shit from this forum, so even if they hardly come here, it's good to appreciate them.

Indeed, you nailed it. IMO they get way too much shit, it seems more an ''I hate Children Of Bodom'' forum than the official COB forum.

I'd rather have him throwing up due to bad diet/stress etc than due to heavy drug usage.

I mean, at least he's clean in that sense right? (well... as far as we know)

I'd be pretty sad if he were doing drugs like all the old musicians used to do.

Charlie parker died at the age of 35, let's try to keep alexi alive for longer than that hmm? :)

I'd rather have him throwing up due to bad diet/stress etc than due to heavy drug usage.

Charlie parker died at the age of 35, let's try to keep alexi alive for longer than that hmm? :)

Yeah. True dat, but he could certainly live better still, I mean today you know alot about what's healthy, and what not to do, so why not try and live as long as we can?
Only reason we care is because we wan't him to last as long as possible, so of course :p

Indeed.

@ everyone who said I was wrong: Sorry, I guess I wasn't really reading...

I didn't mean to say it wasn't okay to give props to Alexi, far from that.

To stay on topic, 'though... I hope he gets better and gets that shit checked out. There's no way that's healthy...

I think Alexi has bad nerves, can cause loss of hunger and no sleep. sounds like he needs a good dose of hash to get some sleep and cravings for food, maybe he just needs to get laid.