Alice in Chains

And Facelift. And Tripod (the s/t). And Jar of Flies.

I love AiC but I don't expect much from the new album. William DuVall sucks. I'll listen to it though.
Agreed, but who knows perhaps it will be just as good. Though I generally don't like when legendary bands try to make a go at it with a different vocalist like the Doors did with The Cult's lead singer etc. Sometimes bands' should R.I.P. to preserve their memory and the works they did... especially if they had a awesome and charismatic lead singer who was the soul of the band...

Yeah, everything is great. My favs are the s/t and jar of flies though. They had a couple of awesome tracks on the last action hero soundtrack as well.

the s/t album is really great,though you really can't go wrong with any of their albums,great band,i guess i'll check out the new album,though it won't be the same without Layne

Agreed, but who knows perhaps it will be just as good. Though I generally don't like when legendary bands try to make a go at it with a different vocalist like the Doors did with The Cult's lead singer etc. Sometimes bands' should R.I.P. to preserve their memory and the works they did... especially if they had a awesome and charismatic lead singer who was the soul of the band...

While this is generally true and I always felt that way, even such with LZ and Bonzo was "just" a drummer (dont take that out of context Bonzo nor drummers are not "just") but the problem is it doesnt take into consideration what the rest of the band is supposed to do. Very few ever have successful solo careers and becoming re identified is so hard.

the s/t album is really great,though you really can't go wrong with any of their albums,great band,i guess i'll check out the new album,though it won't be the same without Layne

Of course it wont be the same but Im really looking forward to what they will do. Im sure it will be great musically and I think the new vocalist will do a good job actually.

If DuVall can harmonize with Cantrell, it might be an excellent album. What made the vocals so great wasn't simply Staley but the harmonizing between Staley and Cantrell.

On the other hand...
The real serious hurdle a new vocalist has with AiC is creating the brooding and dark atmosphere that Staley created. I mean, Dirt is THE junkie album of the 90's - basically a concept album about being a junkie. So, unless we all pitch in a buy DuVall and 8-ball of smack and then kick the shit out of him, it's not really gonna be Alice in Chains.
never heard enough of them.please fill me in in there BEST SONGS.!
Start with the album Dirt. Every song on that album is a solid 10...well, there might be one or two 9's in there... If you must begin with a couple specific songs, check out Junkhead, Hate to Feel, God Smack or It Ain't Like That.

If DuVall can harmonize with Cantrell, it might be an excellent album. What made the vocals so great wasn't simply Staley but the harmonizing between Staley and Cantrell.

On the other hand...
The real serious hurdle a new vocalist has with AiC is creating the brooding and dark atmosphere that Staley created. I mean, Dirt is THE junkie album of the 90's - basically a concept album about being a junkie. So, unless we all pitch in a buy DuVall and 8-ball of smack and then kick the shit out of him, it's not really gonna be Alice in Chains.
Start with the album Dirt. Every song on that album is a solid 10...well, there might be one or two 9's in there... If you must begin with a couple specific songs, check out Junkhead, Hate to Feel, God Smack or It Ain't Like That.
Dirt wasn't a concept album.