All this RC Fest Talk

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
Is this just BS? I don't know if I missed something or not, but is this going to actually happen? There's a good chance I could get Watchmaker to play if you're going to be on the East Coast. I'm sure most of you wouldn't be into that, but I thought I'd offer. I could also probably get a few other bands and probably some money for you.:headbang:

If this RC Fest is a joke, I will kill you and you will die.

it's going to happen and noltem is headlining with me on vocals

and by headlining, i mean playing the first 30-minute set of the night

all I can say is that we are going to try and make it happen ... at least I am ...
JK and Gugs are into it ... not sure who else?

everyone! to be SERIOUS for a moment, IF it could happen you guys would have no problems with including NOLTEM and/or LETHAL, right?

Erik, you momo ... you pulling my leg I know ... but will entertain you with a YES anyway.
You pay your own expenses ... and all the booze and chicks (choose from 3) are yours that day

lurch70 said:
all I can say is that we are going to try and make it happen ... at least I am ...
JK and Gugs are into it ... not sure who else?

I'm definitely into it, and I'd be willing to fly there and help. I'd also be willing to do anything else needed in the mean time.

What kind of bands are you looking to get to play? Like I said, I could get Watchmaker. They've started to get a nice following. There's a very small chance I could get Today is the Day, but they might take a little more money than we're into. But again, they're on the East Coast, so that's cheaper than paying for overseas airfare. Khanate is also East Coast (most of them), and there's a chance of getting them.

If you're just looking at getting the "usual" RC bands, let me know and I'll shut up.:D

Oh . . . my cousin lives in the DC area and he is a pretty popular sound guy (he also has a studio). He's done sound for people like James Brown, John Legend, and Kayne West. He's the dude that got me into metal in the first place, so don't think the people he works with has anyting to do with his knowledge of music. I could never promise he could help out, but it's a possiblity.

lurch70 said:
Erik, you momo ... you pulling my leg I know ... but will entertain you with a YES anyway.
You pay your own expenses ... and all the booze and chicks (choose from 3) are yours that day
yeah can we have a free place to crash somewhere as well? half of you sods live in NJ (or wherever its going to be held) anyway

that's very cool Nate to offer help ... we would probably need all we can get.
we really have no idea on a lineup yet or even who we want ... I know from my end NB has to be there :loco:
we definetelly want 2-3 Euro bands ... and the rest local type ...
MisterMayhem has kindly offered his expertise ... I have contacted him ... and will come up with some type of battle plan in the next few weeks ... to see if we can even pull this off financially.

also I would want this to either break even or make a profit ... maybe I am naive, but I think a profit is not out of the question.

Erik said:
yeah can we have a free place to crash somewhere as well? half of you sods live in NJ (or wherever its going to be held) anyway

of course dude ... you can share a room with Varg in gugs house :loco:
all kidding aside ... of course you have a place to crash ... RC Fest or not ... welcome anytime.

lurch70 said:
also I would want this to either break even or make a profit ... maybe I am naive, but I think a profit is not out of the question.

Email me with any financial figures, if you want. I could throw some ideas around. I run my own business, so I'm interested in that kind of stuff. Maybe I could come up with something . . .

oh man this HAS to happen now. it would be such a fucken anticlimax with all this talk and then "whelp, this is undoable, sorry guys"

Erik said:
possibly the sort of profit where you can buy a 12-pack of bud light afterwards to celebrate... don't expect to make big bux imo

we don't live in the woods here ... anything is possible :loco:
of course I am not looking for big bucks ... it would be a labor of love more then anything else ... but someone has to keep an eye on the money.
if this would be some big money losing proposition ... forget it ... I am not even going forward with it.

Nate The Great said:
Email me with any financial figures, if you want. I could throw some ideas around. I run my own business, so I'm interested in that kind of stuff. Maybe I could come up with something . . .

NAte, I have my own business also and the other "financial" person as well ... once we settle on the people involved, will create an email list and we can all talk privatelly ... or have skype meetings at certain times.

i want to be in on the internal talk. not that i know shit about finances and i'm not going to try and pretend i know better than the guys with the $$$ but i'd like to see how this is progressing.

lurch70 said:
we don't live in the woods here ... anything is possible :loco:
of course I am not looking for big bucks ... it would be a labor of love more then anything else ... but someone has to keep an eye on the money.
if this would be some big money losing proposition ... forget it ... I am not even going forward with it.

That's why I think getting some East Coast bands would be a good idea.

I don't mean to try to step in and push my ideas on you, but getting a label's support would be helpful. I don't know if that ever happens, though.

Imagine if Southern Lord got behind this. They have exploded with the black metal bands lately. They'd be very excited to get a bunch of their bands together with bands like NB, Primordial, etc. Of course most of their BM is coming from Europe, so I don't see too many of those bands making it.

Nate ... the more ideas the better ... right now the big idea is this fest ... anything on how to pull it off, etc is open for discussion.

I bumped another thread me and gugs really had some back and forth ... take a look

Erik said:
oh man this HAS to happen now. it would be such a fucken anticlimax with all this talk and then "whelp, this is undoable, sorry guys"

To this point, can we get the guy putting forth the capital to chime in? Isn't he the key factor? :lol:

Seriously, before nominations for bands go out and wot not, let's talk $. If it doesn't break even (which is likely), is he willing to take a personal loss or is he expecting a shared deficit between all those involved? If it makes money, does he keep the entire net profit since he put forth the capital or does he share? etc etc

All boring "party pooper" type discussions I know, but I'm just trying to get this to the next level. Of course these discussions don't have to happen on the forum.

Finally, what's his name? :loco:

I know I've met him but I can't remember. For now, we shall refer to him as Keyser Soze.

haha ... look, I am sure he will put up most of the $$$ but unlikely all of it. I would probably have to some as well as other people involved. This is why I would like some base figures thrown at me so I know where we are even going ... or if it is even realistic for us.
MisterMayhem PM'ed me his phone number ... will give him a shout.