All you need to know about Finnish language...

So, I'm listening to Mokoma today, and I'm wondering if there's any meaning behind the band name? It's a cool word that's worked its way into my vocabulary, and I'm the type that likes to know what he's saying. ;)

Yea, i've been wondering that too :D Mokoma can translated as a curse word being closest to "Goddamn..." (the word Mokoma has nothing to do with Gods or such, as far as my knowledge, that's just probably the closest similar english one) or british "Bloody" maybe, but it is not really used at all in todays finnish. But actually i dont know, i'd really like to know this myself :)

What does
"Pallisi ovat ihmeelliset",
"Ihmeellinen ötökkä heititkö mällit mullekhn? "(???)
and "Käytkö salilla vai oletko luonnostaan lihava?"
mean?
:dopey: Only thing I know is that it's something perverted..... :oops:

OK, further elaborating on my Mokoma lyrics question, what do the following lyrics mean?

Sina Sanoit Sina Sanoit Sina Sanoit
Mene ja tieda

And

Saapuu Takatalvi (I know what Takatalvi is, but I can't find a translation for Saapuu).

Thankyous!

Inn I Slottet Fra Droemmen Gjennom taakete daler mellom dystre fjell under graa skyer mitt i svarte natt paa en stolt hest ifort svarte kler sterke vaapen i haand Uendelig med dode trer en evighet av kulde over stokk og stein inn i skyggene... Ut fra taaken ut fra morke ut fr fjellets store skygge drommens slott... da stopper rittet som varte i en livstid for herren gaar (Inn i slottet far droemmen) ----> is this Finnish? And if it is, what does it mean?

No, it's Swedish or Norwegian (can't tell them apart :D) I guess Norwegian, that dictionary finds more words ;)

Into a castle... from a dream... valley? ... dark mountains under gray clouds in the black night... a proud horse... black strong? weapon in hand... Unending with death? ... stepping... in eternity of coldness ... over sticks and stones into the shadows... out of the mist... out of darkness ... out of mountains'? great shadow's dream's castle ... when stopped? the ride? wait... a lifetime? for lord's? going? (into the castle ... dream)

Either this text has hardly any verbs or I failed to recognize them :err:

For a better translation, wait for a Scandianvian or try your own luck :)
http://www.ikp.uni-koeln.de/cgi-bin/Ordbok/dict.pl
http://lexikon.nada.kth.se/cgi-bin/swe-eng

No, I'm not from Finnland, I'm from Germany. So I can understand some of the Scandinavian words, e.g. "stokk og stein" = "Stock und Stein" in German. I'm learning Finnish but I've never been there yet, so I hope I can go there in the future, too :)

*lol*(he said i'm speaking german ,too & i'm great)
But you aren't from germany,right?

actually..
i found a site(looonngg time ago).. and on this site you could type a word in and then you could hear (because a voice read it) how it's pronounced..
does someboy know this site..: (
(for finnish words of course)
i 'd like to know how to speak that language..

I don't suppose one of you Finnish guys could translate the lyrics to Klamydia's "Mä Lähden Himaan", could you?