All you need to know about Finnish language...

Güeño] said:
can you someone translate this song, i only see that the song says something about vesku, tonmi, allu, janne and kimberly but i dont know what, so if someone can translate the song i will love you forever (hum wtf)

Kylähullut
Kun allu nyplää klitorista, siin on kavereille kertomista
Tonmi pistää vuorokauden panot, siinä tulee kissoille jano
Vesku kun puskee pyydin päälle, urpot lähtee järven jäälle
Voihan hitsipippuri, tuli heti kulliin tippuri

Tiijätkö jätkän janne wirman, se on perustanu ikioman firman
Yleistä pilluu se siellä myykin, janne ruikkii ja lehmät pesee pyykin

Jos haluut miestä tai naista, ota luuriin raatikaista
Korsu maksaa ja kuivat hukkaa, kandee mennä jätkä pukkaan

Kylähullut, kylähullut, kylähullut

Jos pelataan joskus sählyy, breikillä pannaan kimberlyy
Menkää kaikki pojat jonoon, siinä menee öögat vinoon

Kun oikeen soittaa, ei voi mitään, alkaa kuumassa ruohoo itään
Ja tietysti maailman suurin toope, vittu saatana latvalan roope

Miepä olen hurja leila, en oo mikään höpöhöpö heila
Mä pillua kaikille annan, veskulle lääkkeitä kannan

Kylähullut, kylähullut, kylähullut

Soitetaan saatanan lehmä suohon ja kuikataan kotipeltoon

thanks.,

It's difficult to translate that song 'cause there are words which doesn't really have a true meaning. I could translate most of it, but not the whole song, just give me a day or two :wave:

I have this one book at the bar....i'll have to get its name for ya tho. I'll tell ypou one thing...if you can find something on CD or tape that helps you, do it. It's one of those languages that hearing it a lot will help a LOT. Trust me, I don't think i'd be learning at this rate(my friends say i learn fast, but i can only get thru basic conversations, I learned German much faster), but i've been listening to it spoken for a year. Hopefully they have some sort of lessons on tape that can help with that.

Don't use Babelfish whatever you do. While it can translate German or Norwegian with somewhat accuracy, anything in Finnish comes out wrong...for instance 'im going to the store' translates at 'Blender monkey on top of testicle' or something half the time. :p

@ RideForVengeance: One advice: Suomea Suomeksi sucks!!!! But you probably couldn't use it for learning Finnish on your own as it is in Finnish. I think 'From start to Fin(n)ish' by Leila White is sorta good. I could go and look for that Finnish for Foreigners in our library and check out whether it's any good...

For learning the pronounciation, just collect every Finnish song you can get hold of, download the lyrics and read them while listening to the song. I did that with Klamydia and Eläkeläiset and (as stupid as it sounds) it worked out fine.

@ The Children Of Decadence:

- Hyvää syntymäpäivää = happy birthday
- Hyvää päivää = hello (lit. good day)

Maili Björklund said:
For learning the pronounciation, just collect every Finnish song you can get hold of, download the lyrics and read them while listening to the song. I did that with Klamydia and Eläkeläiset and (as stupid as it sounds) it worked out fine.

Offtopic, but the CoB guys said in some interview that they wanted Eläkeläiset to cover one of their songs and even tried to arrange it as a "humppa" for them while drinking :lol:

Janina said:
It's difficult to translate that song 'cause there are words which doesn't really have a true meaning. I could translate most of it, but not the whole song, just give me a day or two :wave:

hehe no problem translate the song in the way you feel and you know the words, and very thanks to you janina ;)

Ateacina said:
What´s the meaning of "Pohjola" ?
It´s on my Amok Shirt from Sentenced....didn´t find this word anywhere... :err:

That would probably be "The North". I don't think that's actually an accurate translation as I don't think there is a proper english word, but that's as close as it gets.

ert said:
the CoB guys said in some interview that they wanted Eläkeläiset to cover one of their songs

No it was the other way around. Eläkeläiset wanted to do a "humppa" version of a CoB song, but they said it was too difficult. And when the CoB guys heard that, they thought "What? It can't be _that_ hard!" And tried to do it themselves (while drinking :p ), failing the attempt. :lol:

CadalMord said:
No it was the other way around. Eläkeläiset wanted to do a "humppa" version of a CoB song, but they said it was too difficult. And when the CoB guys heard that, they thought "What? It can't be _that_ hard!" And tried to do it themselves (while drinking :p ), failing the attempt. :lol:

Oh yeah, that's how it was. It'd be awesome they played CoB though.. :D

Torgoth said:
Käännätin tämän kaverillani, hänen mukaansa se tarkoittaa:
"Joopa joo, sinä minulla auts :D
mutta minua ei vittuakaan kiinnosta mitä nää hommaat...
Tanskalaisen lihaköntin minulle ja bisse kera suomalaisen rumpalipojan... :D "

ankara naida metallinen
(online translator: if it dont mean anything....ignore lol)

CadalMord said:

I'm actually trying to get my band to play an Eläkeläiset version of HCDR :D Keyboard intro and then the typical Eläkeläiset drum intro... Wanted to call it the Vihahumppa. But it's gonna be hard to get the lyrics done...

Fenrir13 said:
I have this one book at the bar....i'll have to get its name for ya tho. I'll tell ypou one thing...if you can find something on CD or tape that helps you, do it. It's one of those languages that hearing it a lot will help a LOT.

Or listen to any song that is sung in Finnish while reading the lyrics. Hey, listening to Korpiklaani's "Kädet Siipinä" helps with pronouncing umlauts. :tickled:

I've been away for a while, so I'm sorry if I kept you guys waiting...

Here you go, The Village idiots!

"The Village idiots

When Allu is fiddling a clitoris, there's plenty to tell your friens about
Tommi offers the days fucks, that will get the chicks thirsty
When Vesku is pushing on a broad, the jerks go to the frozen lake
Holy damnpepper, he immediately got the clap in his dick
You know this guy Janne Wirman, he has starterd his own firm
He's selling some public pussy, Janne spurts and the cows does the laundry
If you want a guy or a gal, just call Raatikainen
Dugout will pay and loses the dry ones, you should go and poke a guy

Village idiots, village idiots, village idiots

If we'll sometimes play some floorball, on a break we fuck Kimberly
All the guys get in line, that'll make your eyes go diagonal
When you're really playing, can't help it, the grass starts to germinate in the heat
And of course the biggest goof in the world, goddamn fucking Latvala Roope
Well I am such a wild gal, I ain't no nonsense missus
I give out pussy to everyone, carry out medicines to Vesku

Village idiots, village idiots, village idiots

We shall play the fucking cow to the swamp and ??????? to the homefield."

So, that's the best I could do, there might be a few mistakes, but you'll get the point(?)... The word "kuikataan" is completely strange to me, I guess it's some sort of slang word, but I've got no idea what it's supposed to mean, anyone??!!