All you need to know about Finnish language...

Yeh, the 'R' is very important letter. Perkele wouldn sounds so good without 'rr'. It was funny when we tried to teach 'perkele' to chinese exchange student, he didnt know how to say 'r' so it was something like pelkele.

Maybe, when we finns speak english, our accent isnt so strong and thats why its kind of easy to get what we are saying, or at least trying to say.

Yeh, the 'R' is very important letter. Perkele wouldn sounds so good without 'rr'. It was funny when we tried to teach 'perkele' to chinese exchange student, he didnt know how to say 'r' so it was something like pelkele.

Maybe, when we finns speak english, our accent isnt so strong and thats why its kind of easy to get what we are saying, or at least trying to say.

Tr00.

I remember having a link in my favourites that linked to a Finnish pronunciation thing but I can't find it. Would anyone happen to know what I mean?

I was just paging through the lyrics of Death Unlimited and came across...

"Saatana vittue Perkele"

first line of the song. I can kind of break it down to "Satan fuck the devil."

although that makes absolutely no sense to me. Can anyone tell me Finnish language structure so I can make better sense of sentences in which I know the words to?

Straight translation doesnt make any sense. I dont know how to translate it sensibly. Its just 3 finnish cursing words. Sometimes when Im really pissed off, I might say "vittu saatana helvetti"-> fuck satan hell. We just do that, say one cursing word after another, just telling that we are pissed off about something. Know what I mean?

Straight translation doesnt make any sense. I dont know how to translate it sensibly. Its just 3 finnish cursing words. Sometimes when Im really pissed off, I might say "vittu saatana helvetti"-> fuck satan hell. We just do that, say one cursing word after another, just telling that we are pissed off about something. Know what I mean?

ah so like the english equivalent of "fuck shit bitch ass" :p. thanks.

btw is finnish structured as adjectives after nouns, subjects before verbs? for instance, in english, "he lived in the house green."

Hän asui vihreässä talossa -> He lived in the green house.
Its adjectives before nouns and subjects before verbs.
You could say adjectives after nouns (hän asui talossa vihreässä), but then it would sound poetical and didnt fit to spoken language.

could someone from finland tell me why you have to learn swedish in school(or so i´ve heard).It doesn´t make any sense to me.

Because Finland is bilingual country, we have two official languages Finnish and Swedish. I have studied Swedish seven years and none of them voluntary.

We also have to study one foreign language, most common languages people study in school is Finnish, English and Swedish.

Because Finland is bilingual country, we have two official languages Finnish and Swedish. I have studied Swedish seven years and none of them voluntary.

We also have to study one foreign language, most common languages people study in school is Finnish, English and Swedish.

Yeah, and it's also a bit about history, and that that over 8% of Finlands inhabitants speak sweden as their mother tongue. If it falls under 6% we'll be purely Fnnish country(wohoo), though I doubt that'll never happen... Finland has never been purely 1 languaged(?) country:Smug:

Thank you!! :D

I love the part in Trashed, Lost in Helsinki where Alexi is talking on the phone to Kippo and he says something like "torks" biisi. I looked up the word for "two" because it says on the screen "two songs" but it tells me it's "kaksi".

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=OgVmh6w4kPE[/ame] @ 04:20

I think I should just start from the beginning if I want to learn to speak some simple sentences aye? :lol:

So Warheart, how do you like Mikropuhe?

I really like the bit on this N**wish DVD where Alexi and Marco Hietala do the wee song 'kolme kättä ja kuusi penistä, mä mutanti on', which means 3 hands and 6 penises, i'm a mutant :D:D:D

So Warheart, how do you like Mikropuhe?

I really like the bit on this N**wish DVD where Alexi and Marco Hietala do the wee song 'kolme kättä ja kuusi penistä, mä mutanti on', which means 3 hands and 6 penises, i'm a mutant :D:D:D

It's exactly the thing I was looking for, thanks again!

The guy pronounces a few things a bit differently to other people that I've heard say them but at least it'll give me a rough idea.

I don't think I've seen that bit on the Nightwish DVD.