All you need to know about Finnish language...

Some examples.

Who are you? = Kuka olet?
Who do you mean? = Ketä tarkoitat?
Who did you talk with? = Kenen kanssa keskustelit?
Whose car is this? = Kenen auto tämä on?
Who did you give it to?= Kenelle annoit sen?
Who did you get it from? = Keneltä sait sen?
Whom do you trust? = Keneen luotat?
Who did you think he was? = Keneksi luulit häntä?

And make it more interesting when who is relative pronoun, it 's not kuka,ketkä,... anymore but joka, jotka, jonka, joiden, jota, joita, jossa, joissa, josta, joista, johon, joihin, jolla, joilla, jolta, joilta, jolle, joille, jona, joina, joksi, joiksi.

My father who was lawyer = Isäni joka oli asianajaja.
Man who cried = Mies joka itki.
The man who I wanted to talk to = Mies jollehalusin puhua.
The girl whose dress was red = Tyttö jonka mekko oli punainen.

Oh no... That all brought be close to just saying "to hell with learning finnish." Which I say all the time about learning any given language, but not usually so quickly haha.

I'm totally overwhelmed right now. I don't even know where to begin...

Can someone write down what does the interviewer ask to alexi and what does alexi answer?...The part From 1:57 to 2:26

Last edited by a moderator:
I: You are going on tour to North-America. What are you going to say when people ask where does your name come from?
AL: It has been said so many times that you dont need to tell it for Finnish people. But it was like pain in the ass when we had to explain in every fucking country this Bodom-lake spectacle. Every time when somebody comes to ask What is the story behind the lake Bodom you are like Oh fuck!

Taken from the translate in 'more info'.

I: You are going on tour to North-America. What are you going to say when people ask where does your name come from?
AL: It has been said so many times that you dont need to tell it for Finnish people. But it was like pain in the ass when we had to explain in every fucking country this Bodom-lake spectacle. Every time when somebody comes to ask What is the story behind the lake Bodom you are like Oh fuck!

Taken from the translate in 'more info'.

Oh fuck i didn't notice it

A little OT.

In sweden we have a new backside of our "enkrona". That is 1 sek.

mynt_26380147.jpg

The letters on it tells:

"Den underbara sagan om ett land på andra sidan hafvet Sverige 1809 - 1 Kr - Finland 2009"

Translation

"The wonderful saga/story about a country across the sea"

Its about Sweden and Finland, when they seperated in 1809. ^^

Sorry if it's already been asked (I'm sure it was), but what is Perkele?! nobody in Finland wanted to tell me. I know it's from the hitch hock comics, but other then that I'm not entirely sure what it is. I once read it means a demon or something >.>

Search this thread or check from wikipedia. It was explained couple of days ago in this thread.

A little OT.

In sweden we have a new backside of our "enkrona". That is 1 sek.

mynt_26380147.jpg

The letters on it tells:

"Den underbara sagan om ett land på andra sidan hafvet Sverige 1809 - 1 Kr - Finland 2009"

Translation

"The wonderful saga/story about a country across the sea"

Its about Sweden and Finland, when they seperated in 1809. ^^

^^Yeh, I heard about that in the news and they said most of swedish people dont really like that new coins remind them about their lost in the war agains russia, or something like that. So how is it really? You hate having that kind of "theme" in your new coins? Being curious

^^Yeh, I heard about that in the news and they said most of swedish people dont really like that new coins remind them about their lost in the war agains russia, or something like that. So how is it really? You hate having that kind of "theme" in your new coins? Being curious

Nah, i don't hate it ^^ I love it. Just because it is way nicer than the usual backside and it also reminds me of Finland and aspecally Åland for some reson. And i just love Åland ^^

Åland, Ahvenanmaa in finnish.
Its a group of islands between Sweden and Finland. Wont bore you with some history how it was attached to Finland. It has got autonomy and its demilitarized. Most of the people in Ahvenanmaa speaks swedish as their first language.

If you want to know more--> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Åland_Islands

Okey Question:
My 2 aunts just bought a boat and they're looking for a name. Now they wanted me to think of something so I thought: Let's do something in Finnish :rofl:..
So what's 'little boat' in Finnish (because the boat is quite little :rofl:)??
And if you have any better ideas I'm all open for it :D..
Thanx
-xx-

Can someone tell me where can i find a guide which teaches me finnish?
I don't wanna something advanced....just something to learn the basic words and grammatical structure....

Thanks