All you need to know about Finnish language...

If you want to use it as a greeting "villilapsi perkele" is better. If you want to use vittu then its "vitun villilapsi" but it is quite offending, or negative way to say it. Villilapsi perkele is more like greeting with respect.

Hmm. Then could vitun villilapsi be said as kind of a tongue in cheek kind of thing, knowing that it's rather offensive? Or would something like that be reserved for people who actually know the guy? So far, from the little exposure I've had- finn's seem pretty laid back with that kind of thing...

could someone translate this for me: aamun torkku illan virkku se tapa talon havittaa. ei savua ilman tulta.

tried using an online translator, but it didn't make much sense.

Late to rise, late to bed that habit destroys the house. No smoke without fire.

Something like that. Makes sense now?

It means that if you stay up late and sleep in the mornings your habit will run down your household. I don't know for sure but I would assume that it orginated from agrarian society like most of old Finnish proverbs. You need to wake up early to take care of animals and so on.

^ Yep, that's right, and that proverb is also used vice versa, like: Aamuvirkku, illan torkku, se tapa talon perii. So in english: Wake up early and go to sleep early, that habit will keep your house going (I know that the "keeps your house going" translation sucks but you get the idea).

err what are the words they are singing at the end? like the actual finnish words, if you know what i mean :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy5Mu9Tfv-s&feature=channel_page[/ame]

Hey there!
I desperately need some help for a little translation I've gotta do.
How do you say "X, you rock!"? when X is a band name and you can't put the verb at the plural form NOR at the singular. I would like some sort of a typical formula in order to express this.
Thanks lots in advance. :)