All you need to know about Finnish language...

First, how Alexi can speak so fast :lol:
Well, I'm trying to understand the basic things. Plural numers, adjective...:)yell:)

I don't think he speaks fast :) well, mayby a little faster than people usually do, but it's still not so fast. Then again I think all spanish people speak so goddamn fast...

Plural numers? Aahih, couldn't get much out of that one, so I assume it's the same as all numbers? :lol: I'm pretty sure that someone has already said them in this thread but oh well. 1 = yksi, 2 = kaksi, 3 = kolme, 4 = neljä, 5 = viisi, 6 = kuusi, 7 = seitsemän, 8 = kahdeksan, 9 = yhdeksän, 10 = kymmenen. After that you just say for example 'yksitoista' which is 11, or 'kaksitoista' which is 12. So basically you just say the number and add '-toista' in the end. That's for numbers 11-19. 20 is 'kaksikymmentä', and 21 is 'kaksikymmentäyksi' and then it continues like that, 'kaksikymmentäkaksi' and so on. 30 is 'kolmekymmentä', 40 'neljäkymmentä', 50 'viisikymmentä' and so on. After you reach 100, which is 'sata', it continues like 132 would be 'satakolmekymmentäkaksi'. So you just put them together. 200 again is 'kaksisataa' and it continues like that. 1000 is 'tuhat', and again you just combine previous numbers, like 1843 is 'tuhat kahdeksansataaneljäkymmentäkolme' :) then comes 10 000 'kymmenentuhatta' and combining again, then 100 000 'satatuhatta' and 1 000 000 which is 'miljoona'. It's not so hard if you understan what I mean :lol:

Hmmh, adjectives? Here's some basic ones;
Mukava = nice (like human or something) or comfortable (like a bed or something), Hyvä = good, Huono = bad, Komea = handsome, Beautiful = kaunis, Seksikäs = sexy or hot, Ärsyttävä = annoying, Hauska = funny, Hämmästyttävä = amazing, Puhelias = talkative

Uuh there's a few of them, my heads empty right now.. But when I have time and some imagination (=mielikuvitus) I'll list more if you want :) Hope you understand what I mean by everything :lol:

I dont think Alexi speaks that fast..but well I guess its a bit different to listen to him as a native speaker. But Ive met finnish people who speak even faster and still I dont find it that difficult to follow.

I don't think he speaks fast :) well, mayby a little faster than people usually do, but it's still not so fast. Then again I think all spanish people speak so goddamn fast...

Plural numers? Aahih, couldn't get much out of that one, so I assume it's the same as all numbers? :lol: I'm pretty sure that someone has already said them in this thread but oh well. 1 = yksi, 2 = kaksi, 3 = kolme, 4 = neljä, 5 = viisi, 6 = kuusi, 7 = seitsemän, 8 = kahdeksan, 9 = yhdeksän, 10 = kymmenen. After that you just say for example 'yksitoista' which is 11, or 'kaksitoista' which is 12. So basically you just say the number and add '-toista' in the end. That's for numbers 11-19. 20 is 'kaksikymmentä', and 21 is 'kaksikymmentäyksi' and then it continues like that, 'kaksikymmentäkaksi' and so on. 30 is 'kolmekymmentä', 40 'neljäkymmentä', 50 'viisikymmentä' and so on. After you reach 100, which is 'sata', it continues like 132 would be 'satakolmekymmentäkaksi'. So you just put them together. 200 again is 'kaksisataa' and it continues like that. 1000 is 'tuhat', and again you just combine previous numbers, like 1843 is 'tuhat kahdeksansataaneljäkymmentäkolme' :) then comes 10 000 'kymmenentuhatta' and combining again, then 100 000 'satatuhatta' and 1 000 000 which is 'miljoona'. It's not so hard if you understan what I mean :lol:

Hmmh, adjectives? Here's some basic ones;
Mukava = nice (like human or something) or comfortable (like a bed or something), Hyvä = good, Huono = bad, Komea = handsome, Beautiful = kaunis, Seksikäs = sexy or hot, Ärsyttävä = annoying, Hauska = funny, Hämmästyttävä = amazing, Puhelias = talkative

Uuh there's a few of them, my heads empty right now.. But when I have time and some imagination (=mielikuvitus) I'll list more if you want :) Hope you understand what I mean by everything :lol:
o_O Thank you very much!
In Children of Bodom Trashed part 1 he call to Seppo? I think, he sreak so fast.

Suden joiku vössä kuuluu,
Ulvonya kuuhunki kaikuu,
Sudden joiku alati kuuluu
Ulvonta yössäki raikuu.

Translate

Wolf's singing in the night,
howling echoes to the moon,
wolf's singing endlessly sounds,
howling boasts in the night

Something like that. It's fucking hard to translate lyrics, especially like that, which is a poem style.

I have a question, this is probably the dumbest question ever, but, I notice mostly in Finnish, there are alot of U's in the words. Do you know the reasoning behind that?

I have a question, this is probably the dumbest question ever, but, I notice mostly in Finnish, there are alot of U's in the words. Do you know the reasoning behind that?

Actually I don't have any clue about that. At least I haven't noticed anything like that. I think vowels are pretty common in finnish language in general. I mean compared to languages in eastern Europe.

If you want to use it as a greeting "villilapsi perkele" is better. If you want to use vittu then its "vitun villilapsi" but it is quite offending, or negative way to say it. Villilapsi perkele is more like greeting with respect.

1.villilapsi perkele - What it Means ?
2.And what it means - vitun villilapsi ?

-thanks-:cool:

1.villilapsi perkele - What it Means ?
2.And what it means - vitun villilapsi ?

-thanks-:cool:

What?

Villilapsi = wildchild

vitun villilapsi = fucking wildchild

I'm not sure if "perkele" can be translated, cus it's basically proper name (depends on the context). But maybe "villilapsi perkele" could be translated as "damn(or some other curseword) wildchild".

The word "hyvä" mostly makes me laugh now, because the only context I really used it in when I was in Finland was to speak to dogs and tell them they were being good. All the dogs I ran across looked at me like I was retarded when I spoke english to them. :lol: