All you need to know about Finnish language...

867402_d750_625x1000.jpg

1) How can I say in Finnish "Swim with the snakes and die from their poison- that's all you deserve" ja "No matter how hard you try, you cannot escape"
2) The negative forms in Finnish are
en
et
ei
emme
ette
eivät
OK, but would it be a mistake if I say "Minä ei ole suomalainen" instead of "Minä en ole suomalainen"?
3) "Missä on ylpeytenne nyt?" means "Where is the pride now?", right?

1) How can I say in Finnish "Swim with the snakes and die from their poison- that's all you deserve" ja "No matter how hard you try, you cannot escape"
2) The negative forms in Finnish are
en
et
ei
emme
ette
eivät
OK, but would it be a mistake if I say "Minä ei ole suomalainen" instead of "Minä en ole suomalainen"?
3) "Missä on ylpeytenne nyt?" means "Where is the pride now?", right?
1) "Ui käärmeiden kanssa ja kuole niiden myrkkyyn, se on kaikki mitä ansaitset" and "Ei väliä kuinka kovaa yrität, et voi paeta"
2) Yes, it's usually counted as a mistake and in my opinion using "ei" instead of other negative forms is the most usual mistake foreign finnish speakers make.
3) No, it's "Where is your pride now?".

1) "Ui käärmeiden kanssa ja kuole niiden myrkkyyn, se on kaikki mitä ansaitset" and "Ei väliä kuinka kovaa yrität, et voi paeta"
2) Yes, it's usually counted as a mistake and in my opinion using "ei" instead of other negative forms is the most usual mistake foreign finnish speakers make.
3) No, it's "Where is your pride now?".

Kiitoksia jällen :)

^
I doubt it...
"Swim with the snakes and die from their poison- that's all you deserve"

wat?

Not possible. There's like 200 versions of every word here. Why not use that energy for something useful instead.

You think she was being completely serious? I bet that when she started to study Finnish, she knew that it would take hell of a lot time to learn to speak and type it properly.

Anteeksi :cry: Give me 1 year and I'll be able to speak this language without those stupid mistakes that I make now ;)

I speak English for over 10 years and I still make stupid mistakes from time to time, especially when speaking. That's considering English has essentially the same overall structure as my native language since both are Indo-European. And I'm really good with languages. I doubt you'll be able to perfectly learn a language from a different family in one year.

^ this.

Also, living in the country where the language you want to learn is spoken helps!

I speak English for over 10 years and I still make stupid mistakes from time to time, especially when speaking. That's considering English has essentially the same overall structure as my native language since both are Indo-European. And I'm really good with languages. I doubt you'll be able to perfectly learn a language from a different family in one year.

There's also much more advanced levels of English at least compared to the basic English used on this forum. When you're able to spontaneously create complex sentences with strange terms is when you really know the language. Most native English speakers can't. I guess when it comes to poetry lyrics etc Finnish is more diverse than English, no need for support words, but English has its own joy of word play.

Not possible. There's like 200 versions of every word here. Why not use that energy for something useful instead.

I know :lol: It's difficult, BUT not impossible. :loco:
Gonna visit Helsinki this summer and I'll continue studying it there.
And why do you think that it's not possible? In the school that I study Finnish, there are about 5 teachers, that speak it fluently without mistakes. Obviously, it's possible :)
We have a high school in Sofia where students study Chinese and after 3 years they speak if fluently and the next years in high school they study every subject in Chinese.
People can learn Chinese with 6 alphabets over 15000 symbols (no joke) billions of versions of every word (Let's take your nick- Joonas. YOU can write it with this and that symbol, but another Joonas can write it with completely different symbols) and you say, that Finnish is impossible :lol:
It's difficult- the spelling, the grammar, the way you read "ä" and "ö", but I like it. And since in high school I study this easy language Spanish, I can be dedicated to Finnish every single day. I still don't know why do Finns find it so impossible. Finnish is like every other language- hard work, nice teacher and a good motivation is all you need :)