All you need to know about Finnish language...

isn't "lick" like a guitar slang term? So I doubt it's actually a real word in Finnish, so the translators wouldn't have them. And maybe the Finns have just started calling it "liikee" as their own slang?

You don't need to talk about COB in this thread, it's about the Finnish language.

And here's my question:

What is Alexi saying in Finnish in this video at beginning when he's saying "why dont you play us a killer lick" and "back in the day when we were 18 yr old punks" etc?

I know it has English subtitles but I'd like to know how to write it down so I can practise it. Plus, he says a word like "liikee" for "lick" but when I put "lick" into a English->Finnish translator, it doesn't come up with any words that begin with L.

Why dont you play us a killer lick would be: Roope, pull out some killer lick

He uses word vedä, which means to pull something or off something, but it can be used in pretty many things, and also its kinda slang language in this case.

Back in the day etc.. : By the way, When we were 18 year-old punkers and really drunktards we went recording this kind of song, and the song's name is Deadnight Warrior.

He uses slang lot and also when youre talking in finnish "talking language" you don't use the words in the right places on sentence always, because it doesn't really matter, the subject/object and any other form of word means still the same thing. But when its some official lawpapers/ something similiar official stuff or a book, theres always used proper language with subjects/objects and all other stuff on right places.

Oh and about the lick, theres many words in finnish language taken from other languages which are used nowadays just like lick. We say it "likki" which would be written in finnish book language "licki" meaning the C acts as a K. Theres also other similiar words like that, rock for example, Rock-music = rock-musiikki. I'm listening to rock = Kuuntelen rockia/rokkia. The "Minä" is not needed because you can see the person thing usually from the verb. Depends on the case sometimes, but I usually prefer to just talk fast/ to not use the pronomine(?) on sentences because I'm lazy:lol: And most people really doesn't use it either.

Well, actually the online translators all aren't that much. Usually they're from people who try to sell the full version, and give you a crappy version for free.
I usually use www.translation-guide.com, which is one of the better ones, but it's still not perfect.
If you regularly need to translate stuff from Finnish, I recommend you buy the WSOY suome-englanti-suomi sanakirja, which comes with a free cd you can install on you computer.

In the Norther cover of the song Smash, Alexi is saying something in the beginning...
What does he say in Finnish, and what does it mean in English?
}{I know this is not the Norther board, but it's Alexi who says it^^}{

I remember him saying "soittakaa punkkia niinkuin olis jo!"

Meaning= "Start playing punk NOW!"

Here is some very usefull finnish words:

Voi vittu! = Oh fuck!
Perkele! = strong word use it if something goes wrong.
Haista vittu! = Fuck you!
Iso tuoppi kiitos. = Big beer, please.
Kato mikä perse! = Oh man look that ass!
joo totta kai mä oon 18 päästä mut sisään. = Yea I am 18 years old now let me in.
Heitä rööki. = Give me a gigarette.
En mä sitä tehny! se oli toi kaveri! = I didnt do it! It was that guy!

And so on!

What does alexi say here (in Finish and in ENglish)`?
http://www.gnurgsel.de/daten/mp3/hase.mp3

>link should work now

1.... ja ensin me tullaan vittuilemaan, sanomaan että...
or it could be also
2....ja ensin meille tullaan vittuilemaan, sanomaan että...
Cant hear well that 1 word, lol.

1. and first we come fucking around(or sth like that, the tearm means you go to @ some person and start fucking around with him and try to piss @ the person), saying that...

2. and first (some-one) comes fucking/pissing at us, and saying that...

1.... ja ensin me tullaan vittuilemaan, sanomaan että...
or it could be also
2....ja ensin meille tullaan vittuilemaan, sanomaan että...
Cant hear well that 1 word, lol.

1. and first we come fucking around(or sth like that, the tearm means you go to @ some person and start fucking around with him and try to piss @ the person), saying that...

2. and first (some-one) comes fucking/pissing at us, and saying that...

thank you very much!

can someone bother to translate plz? =)

"hautamme olkoon se raja, koska musta multa on tukkenut silmiemme suolasen virran"

can someone bother to translate plz? =)

"hautamme olkoon se raja, koska musta multa on tukkenut silmiemme suolasen virran"

"Our grave may be the limit because black soil has choked up the salty rivers of our eyes"

That is originally from Finnish book that was written ~90 years ago so it has old vibe in it that I'm not able translate. My english is not good enough for that :)

Let me guess Sentenced Funeral album?

"Our grave may be the limit because black soil has choked up the salty rivers of our eyes"

That is originally from Finnish book that was written ~90 years ago so it has old vibe in it that I'm not able translate. My english is not good enough for that :)

Let me guess Sentenced Funeral album?

kiitos paljon :oops:

actually i got that phrase from darklyrics.com, i don't own the CD, yet

someone earlier posted the lyrics in finnish for sentenced's routasydan and i was wondering if someone could translate it for me

Ikiroudasta Pohjolan maan
nyrkki rautainen kohoaa
Peto herää taistelemaan
ja saalista raatelemaan
Vastustaja kaatuu lokahankeen sohjoiseen
Kerta kerran jälkeen pisteet jäävät pohjoiseen

Verkko soi Kärpistä täyttyy jää
Hornankattilassa myrskyää
Pedon rinnassa on sydän ikiroutainen
Jyske takorautainen

Sisu, veri ja kunniaa
Perämeri ja Pohjanmaa
Moni nimensä kirjoittaa
Raksilassa historiaan
Vastustaja hyytyy kevään loskaan sohjoiseen
Ja poika jäisen pohjoisen tuo pojan pohjoiseen

Verkko soi Kärpistä täyttyy jää
Hornankattilassa myrskyää
Pedon rinnassa on sydän ikiroutainen
Jyske takorautainen

thanks in advance

I just copy pasted these from Sentenced forum... so not my translation :)

From the permafrost of the Northern land
An iron fist rises
The beast awakens for battle
And to tear his prey to pieces

The opponent falls
To the filthy, slushy snow
Time after time the points abide
To the North

The net clangs and the ice fills with Kärpät
The kettle of doom rages
In the chest of the beast there's a heart of permafrost
And pound of iron

The courage, the blood, the honor
The Gulf of Bothnia and the Northern land
Many write their name
In the history of Raksila

The opponents freeze
In slush of spring
And the boy of the icy North
Brings a boy up North

The net clangs and the ice fills with Kärpät
The kettle of doom rages
In the chest of the beast there's a heart of permafrost
And pound of iron

that song was banned for having nazi references or something like that... i dont know about you, but i just dont see it in there. damned christians

In Finnish version of the lyrics there are words "veri ja kunnia" which is "blood and honor" if translated literally (in translation that I posted someone had translated it "the blood, the honor" which maybe catches the meaning better). Hitler Jugend used that "blood and honor" (Blut und Ehre) as a slogan and obvious nazi reference for someones.

Whole thing was kind of stupid in my opinion...

that song was banned for having nazi references or something like that... i dont know about you, but i just dont see it in there. damned christians

Lol, don't talk about religion over 'ere. And anyways, I think especially german people wouldn't like much of some1 reminding them from nazi's and all that stuff.
And I bet almost any publisher would bann it for having nazi references. Doesn't have a shit to do with christianity. Oh, and A. Hitler was a christian himself.

Hi there, can any Finn tell me, from what age can you buy alcohol in Finland? ´cause I will spent there 3 weeks in the summer and I think it´s kinda important thing to know...
BTW:I know this has nothing to do with finnish language, but I think it´s stupid to start a new thread about it....