Am I the only one here that doesn't like Led Zeppelin?

Oblivious Maximus said:
I love Zep. I just got done listening to the "In Through the Out Door" album. Very underratred album if you ask me. "Fool in the Rain" is an awesome song.

That's actually my favorite Zep album. Fool In The Rain is also my favorite Zep song, too.

The Grimace said:
I'm gonna go record a black metal version of "Immigrant Song". :D

EDIT: And maybe a grindcore version of "Stairway To Heaven"

You are so fucking cool. :Smug:

Frank Zappa's version of "Stairway To Heaven" is really, really awesome, though. Besides the whole great band arrangement, he gets a singer who can actually sing.

Mc5 is a lot more 'metal' sounding than Led Zeppelin and they formed earlier too. I highly doubt LD coined metal. Cream is more metal sounding than Led Zeppelin too. Hendrix is about as metal as a hippie on acid.

I actually do think I remember hearing on some TV documentary that way back in the 60s or 70s someone used the words "heavy metal" in describing Hendrix's sound. Hendrix is far from metal, though, especially by today's standards. And lets not forget, the even Steppenwolf's song Born to Be Wild has the term "heavy metal" in it. Neither Zeppelin nor Hendrix were metal, and Black Sabbath were the first metal band.

Life Sucks said:
I actually do think I remember hearing on some TV documentary that way back in the 60s or 70s someone used the words "heavy metal" in describing Hendrix's sound. Hendrix is far from metal, though, especially by today's standards. And lets not forget, the even Steppenwolf's song Born to Be Wild has the term "heavy metal" in it. Neither Zeppelin nor Hendrix were metal, and Black Sabbath were the first metal band.
Do you have any concept of what was being recorded and promoted as rock & roll in the 1960's and what Led Zepplin, along with Hendrix, Cream, the Who, MC5, the Stooges, Deep Purple, Sabbath, etc etc were actually doing? ahem
61cc.gif
Watch another documentary.
1.gif
They created metal.
61cc.gif
Regardless of whether or not you like them, they laid the proverbial foundation for the music you love today.

P.S. I love the Beatles. Figures eh?

P.P.S. Jimmy Page was a fairly sloppy guitarist, especially when junked up, but he & RP wrote some great songs, Gallows Pole, Black Dog, Achillies Last Stand...

P.P.P.S. Rent & watch the 2003 Led Zeppelin DVD box set, the one with the desert on the cover. Afterwards, write a 300 word essay on...
inq.gif

The term Heavy Metal was coined by a writer from Rolling Stone magazine to describe Led Zeppelin's sound.

I don't like Led Zeppelin. As far as I'm concerned they are the true definition of overrated. Not that my opinion matters though, just had to state it for the record. Carry on.

Nuclear Vampire said:
The term Heavy Metal was coined by a writer from Rolling Stone magazine to describe Led Zeppelin's sound.

I don't like Led Zeppelin. As far as I'm concerned they are the true definition of overrated. Not that my opinion matters though, just had to state it for the record. Carry on.
Fuck yeah!

Smarkum said:
Do you have any concept of what was being recorded and promoted as rock & roll in the 1960's and what Led Zepplin, along with Hendrix, Cream, the Who, MC5, the Stooges, Deep Purple, Sabbath, etc etc were actually doing? ahem
61cc.gif
Watch another documentary.
1.gif
They created metal.
61cc.gif
Regardless of whether or not you like them, they laid the proverbial foundation for the music you love today.

P.S. I love the Beatles. Figures eh?

P.P.S. Jimmy Page was a fairly sloppy guitarist, especially when junked up, but he & RP wrote some great songs, Gallows Pole, Black Dog, Achillies Last Stand...

P.P.P.S. Rent & watch the 2003 Led Zeppelin DVD box set, the one with the desert on the cover. Afterwards, write a 300 word essay on...
inq.gif

what the fuck

wow

fucking get out

Life Sucks said:
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

And what does "exoect" mean?

What do expect from a guy named Zivilyn? :p

Certainly not an aptitude for spelling...