America

Hail Eris!

Don't see the Fnord
Nov 14, 2001
Georgia, USA
Visit site
I noticed most everyone here is not from the U.S and was wondering what ya'll thought about the place. Does the US government seem like a power hungry corperate predator trying to bring about the new world order or the great defenders of peace that our media and politicians proclaim us to be? Do we seem like warmongers to you? Do the American people seem incredibly stupid, as a whole? I'm just curious on how it seems from an outside prespective?

Wow, this is the first time I've ever heard an American ask that!!

I think the American government does seem to be a bit power hungry (remember, this is merely an outside observation), and its annoying how the press treats them as the saviours of the world. Even where I am (Australia).

But, they're doing their job. I can't blame them.

over here (Belgium, France, ....) it is about politically correct to bash on the US.

Personally I hate those bunch of left wing people that always go round talking how fucked up the US is while they are waving flags with Ché Guevarra and stuff. Idiots.

I guess I'm the only person left on this world that looks at things from 2 sides. US has definitely its values. It has done so much for the world: they are the world's biggest power and they are the Good guys, you know?

On the other hand, I'm sometimes shocked by short-sightedness, extremism and high levels of selfishness the US government stands for.

I just want to say, that Us is the world's locomotive, I wished they would do some more good with it, instead of exploiting it.

People always critique the US government because it's the most prominent one in the world. In no way is the US government perfect, or even close to it. No government is. But if you compare the US government to the governments of other countries, you'll see that they're doing their job just about as good. The potential power of the US government is what can often create that sense of arrogance about it, and can bring about selfishness in their actions.

Their not doing good they are patetic. All are equally patetic flawed and filthy. The only reason american one seem less bad its because its more politically correct. And its more or less descent to hide their wrong doings. Then again it gives an air of lies but its also good at brainwashing techniques so no one in america seem to care that much.

I think I hear what the government wants me to hear, I don't really trust or respect the government either. They just do what they need to stay in power. I do apprecitate my freedoms and everything, but I don't think I can possibly look at the US government objectively, being I live here. It just seems to me we sometimes don't stay out of other people's business, and this is why a lot of people hate us. Even if we are trying to help, it doesn't look that way to a lot of people, and I really don't have an opinion on our interference in other countries matters, I just notice we do it a lot more than other countries.