American football !!

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
I love Europeans. I get jealous often because of the cool metal festivals ya'll (you) have as well as better beer (for the most part.) Unfortunately, you don't get to see much American style football. That is a shame. As I said before, I am jealous of you euro guys, but not when it comes to sports. European football is to American football what Checkers is to chess. If any of you get the chance to see some American football.... watch it and try to learn it. It is an incredible sport.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I love Europeans. I get jealous often because of the cool metal festivals ya'll (you) have as well as better beer (for the most part.) Unfortunately, you don't get to see much American style football. That is a shame. As I said before, I am jealous of you euro guys, but not when it comes to sports. European football is to American football what Checkers is to chess. If any of you get the chance to see some American football.... watch it and try to learn it. It is an incredible sport.

Bryant

Disagree there buddy.
A sport where every play is stop start so the lards in the defensive line can have a rest is not a sport.
A real football is rugby That is a game where both sides have at it for a whole game with no pads or helmets.

I can see why non americans would not like to watch the NFL and this isnt just because they don't understand the game. It is like getting americans to like Australian Rules Football.

NGC 3370 said:
I can see why non americans would not like to watch the NFL and this isnt just because they don't understand the game. It is like getting americans to like Australian Rules Football.

I think if NFL fans had an opportunity to watch Australian Rules Football they'd fall in love with it. The coupla times I've gotten glimpses of it I was totally involved. Especially if it was offered up during the NFL's offseason. You have no idea what the withdrawls are like. :)

NGC 3370 said:
Disagree there buddy.
A sport where every play is stop start so the lards in the defensive line can have a rest is not a sport.
A real football is rugby That is a game where both sides have at it for a whole game with no pads or helmets.

Hmmm... well I totally disagree. I have watched Austrailian rules football and enjoy it actually. It is a different game though. You are 100% right that the defensive linemen AND offensive linemen do need a rest between plays, but it is not simply due to them needing a break, but if they went after the "skilled" players all game long with no break, they would eventually break them into small pieces and that's not so good for the game.
I am a very open minded and enjoy many sports. My post might have came accross as being a little "arrogant" but it was not intended to be. Because of the time in between plays, there is more planning and precision in execution and reaction involved in American and Canadian football.
Other types of football rely more on instinct, skill and improvisisation as opposed a more methodical approach the American football has. The Checkers vs. Chess was a very bad analogy and I apologize for making it. It was alcohol induced (not that it matters) and I did not mean for it to come out so arrogant.

bryant

i find the only sport i can watch is basketball. soccer is so un-organized to me, i hate it...to play it too. football is ok to watch, because of what was rpeviously said that it takes 5 minutes to see 30 seconds of action. i kinda like to play it. baseball is just incredibly boring to watch, although i love playing it.