American thrash metal

I ve had this argument with Profanity before as well. Today German thrash is far better than american thrash. 15 years ago, American thrash was far better than german thrash.

speed said:
I ve had this argument with Profanity before as well. Today German thrash is far better than american thrash. 15 years ago, American thrash was far better than german thrash.
That's because there's hardly any American Thrash left, which is quite unfortunate, though Death Angel and Dark Angel are back, and Testament is still going strong. We need a good new Thrash band for the states...

Oh, and, to one-up Profanity, Cyclone Temple.

Hmm... Testament is great thrash metal, one of my favorites. And Nevermore as well. Some call them power metal, though, that's bullshit. You cannot place a band in a genre based on the vocals alone. So for me, they are the best in American thrash metal. Annihilator also has a couple of good albums, especially "Alice in Hell".

Cannibalistic said:
Exodus
Sadus
Hirax
Death Angel
Dark Angel
Morbid Saint
Anacrusis

Damn good list, but didn't Anacrusis break up in the early 90's and didn't Exodus form up around 1981? Not exactly current....

Edgcrusher: Testament's going into the studio supposedly in February, and they've been on tour.

Who have they been touring with, and where?

I haven't seen them since 1997 from the 'Demonic' tour with Napalm Death, Stuck Mojo and Strapping Young Lad.

I believe they came through town again in 1999 with The Haunted (and possibly one other band), but the venue they played at was 18 and up. I, at the time, was unfortunately only 17. :erk: