Thrash Metal Dead...

Well, if you go back, Sixxwine addressed the illusion that Thrash is dead, and Pyrus corrected him. That's all that really needed to be done. :)

Steiner said:
You win Frenchy! Mercy! :Spin:

Whatever. I'm not French either, I'm Lebanese. A lot of the French language is incorporated into the Arabic in Lebanon. </end misconception>

Either way, you lose.

STOP THE HATE. You're gaying up my thread. (I know I didn't start it, but I claim this thread by right of useful posting.)

NECRODEATH! HOWTHEFUCKDIDIFORGETNECRODEATHSOMEONESMACKMEINTHEFACE! Mater of All Evil (not a typo) is an amazing album.

Steiner–I'd classify most of those bands as what I call "post-thrash," which is melodic death played at a very fast pace with SOME thrash influences, but more from deathy thrash like Slayer or very early Sodom. By the way, try checking out some of those bands I mentioned, especially Necrodeath and Hypnosia.

D666, while not precisely thrash or part of the "scene," fucking RULE. Blackened thrash with a bit of death influence (though less in terms of aesthetic brutality than structural chaos). Jean-Pierre nailed it when he said "They represent all that is Metal." I highly recommend all three of their full-length albums.

Pyrus said:
STOP THE HATE. You're gaying up my thread. (I know I didn't start it, but I claim this thread by right of useful posting.)

NECRODEATH! HOWTHEFUCKDIDIFORGETNECRODEATHSOMEONESMACKMEINTHEFACE! Mater of All Evil (not a typo) is an amazing album.

Steiner–I'd classify most of those bands as what I call "post-thrash," which is melodic death played at a very fast pace with SOME thrash influences, but more from deathy thrash like Slayer or very early Sodom. By the way, try checking out some of those bands I mentioned, especially Necrodeath and Hypnosia.

D666, while not precisely thrash or part of the "scene," fucking RULE. Blackened thrash with a bit of death influence (though less in terms of aesthetic brutality than structural chaos). Jean-Pierre nailed it when he said "They represent all that is Metal." I highly recommend all three of their full-length albums.
The hate dies now. I will fight the urge. :p This is too good of a topic.

I've got lots of Necrodeath. I'm a huge fan. I'll definately have to check out Hypnosia though. So far my favorite p2p clients have given me nothing though and I didn't see any tracks of theirs on that UG thash website you posted earlier. I'll keep looking.