Amorphis Gigs

I love it! That maple one in particular I mean, although the black one is nice too. Forgot to post the link earlier...

Yeah, that maple one! So gorgeous!
I watched those photos a few days ago, but for a some reason I didn't recognize those two new guitars before.

does that indicate plans for a DVD release? Would kinda fit the speculation put forth elsewhere regarding a Circle Tour Edition with bonus features... :p )

Certainly looks like DVD material to me - Wacken, additional musicians, quite a few of the new songs; good production - pyro (though after last week's Rammstein fiery bacchanalia, this is kindergarten stuff to me), good camera work, a Finnish flag and ridiculously MASSIVE audience (even some ppl taking photos with their tablets, hahaha). And House of Sleep, of course... And somehow this run-of-the-mill feeling is lacking (which is a good thing).
I think it would be a pretty good idea to release it on DVD. I would definitely buy it.

The maple guitar is pretty, but I'm currently lusting hard after Paul Masvidal's Custom Strandberg:

AESp3.jpg

...which is way more guitar than my skill will ever warrant. As a guitar player I'm a pretty good singer ;).

But, holy crap, that Strandberg! Check the neck profile on that very carefully.

Seriously off-topic.

Never mind, guitar photos are like cat pics, you don't get tired of'em easily. :D Interesting neck shape indeed, although I'm not sure if I'd like the feel of it.

But the topic, right... well, here's the last week of the year according to the Finnish metal calendar:

26.12. Lutakko, Jyväskylä
27.12. Pakkahuone, Tampere
28.12. Rytmikorjaamo, Seinäjoki
29.12. Teatria, Oulu
30.12. Kerubi, Joensuu
31.12. Nosturi, Helsinki

A New Year gig... Ahhhh!
I've started seriously wondering about the second leg, or whatever it is called, of the new album tour. I surely got my Amorphis fix for this year, but I want my Amorphis-in-my-hometown gig.

I want my Amorphis-in-my-hometown gig.

Me too!! Of course, it is more rare to you.
So, there is not Turku in the gig list. Many more regular town are missing. I hope there is also a second tour at some time.
And 'cause of the timing, I'm not able to go to the Jyväskylä, so it is only the Nosturi gig.

And let's hope the audience is less drunken monkeys, than last NYE at Salo. ;)
Haha, this is my new NYE tradition: Amorphis gig. :headbang::headbang:

Congrats on the ESP photo credit.

Is Musamaailma still marketing Esa's artist edition Eclipse guitar? So much classier than most signature guitars.

Do we need a thread for guitars and other musical instruments, Amo and otherwise?

Congrats on the ESP photo credit.
Thanks!!! :)

Is Musamaailma still marketing Esa's artist edition Eclipse guitar? So much classier than most signature guitars.
No, it's been years since I've last seen it on their website and in the shop. Not sure if the Japanese version is available anymore; last year it was still in the catalog but I haven't seen the one for this year yet.

Do we need a thread for guitars and other musical instruments, Amo and otherwise?
This suggestion clearly has potential.
music-smiley-006.gif

Sorry guys if this is being posted in the wrong section, wasn't too sure if it should go here or in the 'Video' thread...

A really quick video concerning the upcoming Australian tour! Just over a week, pretty excited. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Barcelona setlist:

1-Shades of Gray
2-Narrow Path
3-Sampo
4-Silver Bride
5-Against Widows
6-The Wanderer
7-My Kantele
8-Into Hiding
9-Nightbird’s Song
10-The Smoke
11-You I Need
12-Hopeless Days
13-Leaves Scar
14-Sky Is Mine
15-Black Winter Day
16-House of Sleep

Photos from the show:
www.metalsymphony.com/?p=15033#pg

I'm not sure if I remember right anymore, but there was potato, carrots, rutabaga and maybe beetroot.
That not-so-good-looking-gray-mash was in fact good tasting pork topping with red wine, thyme and onion.

The can is only prop, I don't really like sweet or smoky thing in my food. :)