Amorphis

midwintertears said:
Of course, amorphis was a great band, though i have to say that i havent heard the last two releases. Somewhere along the line the stopped interesting me, bu ti still find the tales and the isthmus near-perfect albums.

Yep, Ganz genau....they suck now I would say...all that artistic musical talent all gone to the shitter :-( its a shame. I dunno, I dont understand why and how anyone could like the newer Amorphis albums...unless they started with them first and they just dont appreciate what music the band had made. I dont get it. Those two albums are fucking horrible! Blah!

Im sorry...man man man!

Spike said:
Someone isn't on messenger after I just added them to my contacts...... *Tsk Tsk* :rolleyes:

rolleyes.gif
someone was offline but is on msn now

manuelgv said:
Lately I have been listening to Am Universum more than once a day,and Grieve Stricken Heart is just so fabulous

All week I have listened to either Am Universum or Tuonela all day at work. So i've listened to the entire cd's several times in the past few days. I've listened to Am Universum 4 times through already today, and crimson wave about 8 times and shatters within about 16, lol.

I've listened to the first half of Tuonela. I gotta get me an MP3 player for work so I can have more songs since i only carry 1 cd.

XxSheIsTheDarkxX said:
Yep, Ganz genau....they suck now I would say...all that artistic musical talent all gone to the shitter :-( its a shame. I dunno, I dont understand why and how anyone could like the newer Amorphis albums...unless they started with them first and they just dont appreciate what music the band had made. I dont get it. Those two albums are fucking horrible! Blah!

Im sorry...man man man!

I do have to admit that the latest album didnt take full advantage of the band's mucical talent. But nonetheless, the newwer albums are good in their own right. I started listening to Amorphis with Black Winter Day. So I know their potential. But, i dunno... i just like it all, lol.

Amorphis fucking owns. Elegy is a tough album to get into, but it's worth it.. the acoustic version of "My Kantele" kicks ass! (and the original aint too shabby either)

It would be cool too see them do another album in that vein with both death and clean vox, but the newer 70s/prog/jazzy/'whatever' sound they have going on is awesome too.

manuelgv said:
you wish
Am Universum can kick Tuonela several times
yep. what i like about tuonela are the vocal lines, especially on "the way" and "divinity", but there aren't too many interesting ideas on that album, and there's where the difference with am universum lies.
my favourite amorphis album is elegy, even if the one which is more often in my stereo is "story - 10th anniversary", that contains a good song after the other.

antifayth said:
I think Elegy is my favorite album thus far. It has just got the best feel as a whole album. But my favorite song is Shatters Within off the Am Universum album. Tuonela is also really nice sounding, I like the acoustic reprise of My Kantele. *shrug*

whehey! another 'shatters within' fan!

that's my fave track off Am Universum as well. such great melody. the band has always had a knack for great melody.

antifayth said:
I do have to admit that the latest album didnt take full advantage of the band's mucical talent. But nonetheless, the newwer albums are good in their own right. I started listening to Amorphis with Black Winter Day. So I know their potential. But, i dunno... i just like it all, lol.

Exactly I started listening to that album first. But I dunno, I know that Amorphis had such a spark and a rhythm to them, something different, something that could go some where...and then when they make this universum and touneal or what ever the fuck, crap, then Im really really dissappointed..Another band, that once rocked, gone. Where the hell are all these bands going in a such a hurry!

Has anyone heard the new Children of Bodom...christ they sound just like In flames now.!!!! can someone tell me what the hell is going on!?

svenske kocken said:
Been a fan since the release of Tales From The Thousand Lakes. And of course that album is best. The Karelian Isthmus, Elegy and Tuonela is also fucking great. Am Universum suck.

Okay..I only quoted you to get your attention! What the fuck is that!!!!!! My god!!! is that picture real or?lol....holy mother of GOD! but funny at the same time!