Anathema

Alt 4 has some real cringeworthy moments when they get too melodramatic.

I totally agree with your whole post, but thought I'd add to this - yes, it definitely does. What examples were you thinking of? The two parts that really make me go :erk::puke:are the part where he oh-so-dramatically goes siiiighs! in "Inner Silence" and the hilarious way he goes "WELL I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU FFFFAWKING TRY!" in Disconnect or whatever that song's called. Cringe xtreme. I really like the album anyway, Regret's probably my favorite on it.

I totally agree with your whole post, but thought I'd add to this - yes, it definitely does. What examples were you thinking of? The two parts that really make me go :erk::puke:are the part where he oh-so-dramatically goes siiiighs! in "Inner Silence" and the hilarious way he goes "WELL I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU FFFFAWKING TRY!" in Disconnect or whatever that song's called. Cringe xtreme. I really like the album anyway, Regret's probably my favorite on it.

Listen to Paatos - Sensor just after the intro when everything kicks in, and watch your sig. Its splendid.

Listen to Paatos - Sensor just after the intro when everything kicks in, and watch your sig. Its splendid.

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

The gif in my sig is taken from a youtube video. The video is hilarious too (especially when the red-shirted kid starts swinging around on a rope), but the gif is probably funnier without knowing what it is they're dancing to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op57DmvPTi0

Mute for best results :D

One band where I like their whole discography (although I do have to admit I haven't heard A Natural Disaster).
Personal favorites being Crestfallen EP, Silent Enigma and Alt4. But they really have such strong song writing.
On Judgement, Danny's vocals were a bit shaky (hence that being one of my lesser liked albums - except Angelica...Godly!) but his singing has really matured beautifullly.
And yes, Duncan Patterson I think really did contribute to the current path that they are on.

and there's 2 new tracks on their page...awesome.

One band where I like their whole discography (although I do have to admit I haven't heard A Natural Disaster).
Personal favorites being Crestfallen EP, Silent Enigma and Alt4. But they really have such strong song writing.
On Judgement, Danny's vocals were a bit shaky (hence that being one of my lesser liked albums - except Angelica...Godly!) but his singing has really matured beautifullly.
And yes, Duncan Patterson I think really did contribute to the current path that they are on.

and there's 2 new tracks on their page...awesome.

2?! The last time I checked they just had some quite positive sounding song that I think had female vocals and was entirely clean. Time to check it out.

anathema (mainly danny) are going through some of kind of a spiritual renovation..."everything" is a clear example of that...kinda like the beatles did when they went east...but that kind of stuff makes me cringe, too. like the "i chose love" line. :erk:

temporary peace really is that good of a song... if only they had cut it off before the huge silent part. but thats what music managing programs are for! anybody heard any news about interested labels?

one of the new songs, a simple mistake, is just amazing. i hope they have songs like that on the new album, when they end up recording.