And another new Shadowdance song ...

Yo brother!

Only thing I did to your vocals is add a hi-pass and some verb (plus the echo). I panned them exactly how you had panned them in the clip you sent me. Ja, all of them were used ;) No extra compression, just have the high ones sitting 3 db lower than the lows and grouped them ... BOOM! ... instant Satan hahaha

Not too sure about what you were saying with the cymbals ringing out at the very end after the last tome hits. There actually is no cymbal hit at the end, just a floor/snare hit :p Or were you talking about right before that?

After I let this version sit for a couple days I'm going to come back to it and without listening to it again just bump up the vocal effects aux like 1 db ... THEN I'll listen and see if it solves 2 "problems", makes it all a little more "wet" sounding "per Mark's suggestion" and increases to vocal volume just enough to have it sitting perfect.

In the meantime, I've already begun consolidating and grouping tracks for "Walking With Fate". I already have your vocal stems locked in there so maybe I'll be able to post a rough mix of it soon. THAT song is gonna have the über Amorphis sound going on between the middle eastern vibe, your death vocals and Santeri's keyboard solo! :headbang:

I ment that the last cymbalhits are about 5:35, then theres some tom action going on and at the very end (when the other instruments are allready gone) and the echo of the vocals are fading out you can still here the cymbals from before ringing out...I personally kill that most of the time, but as I said, its just my preference ;)

haha awesome about the vox. NOW I'm REALLY keen to hear how walking with fate turns out :heh:
The letting sit and boosting the vocals aux seems to be a good method to me :)

I ment that the last cymbalhits are about 5:35, then theres some tom action going on and at the very end (when the other instruments are allready gone) and the echo of the vocals are fading out you can still here the cymbals from before ringing out...I personally kill that most of the time, but as I said, its just my preference ;)

haha awesome about the vox. NOW I'm REALLY keen to hear how walking with fate turns out :heh:
The letting sit and boosting the vocals aux seems to be a good method to me :)

ahhhh ok now I know what you mean with the cymbals ... I'll check that and do an A/B with them killed quick and just normal .. probably will just come down to preference like you say but I only want what sounds best for the tune so its definitely worth trying ;)

as for WwF ... hahahaha, you still haven't heard the beginning scream George does in that tune ... it'll peel the paint from your walls :headbang:

ahhhh ok now I know what you mean with the cymbals ... I'll check that and do an A/B with them killed quick and just normal .. probably will just come down to preference like you say but I only want what sounds best for the tune so its definitely worth trying ;)

as for WwF ... hahahaha, you still haven't heard the beginning scream George does in that tune ... it'll peel the paint from your walls :headbang:

yeah man just try it...maybe you like the "live" feel more than me...I like it clean haha ;)

cant wait to hear it dude:devil: