And So Another N.F.L. Season Begins....

Shula: Spygate would mar Pats' undefeated season
7414782_18_1.jpg

Shula: Give Pats asterisk if they go 16-0
Don Shula, the coach of the only perfect season in NFL history, believes the Patriots have a legitimate shot at running the table and joining his '72 Dolphins in going undefeated in the regular season and playoffs. But if they can pull it off, Shula insists the NFL needs to place an asterisk next to the Patriots in the record books because Bill Belichick got caught cheating in the Spygate scandal. Shula is naturally protective of the Dolphins' accomplishment and certainly wants that '72 team to stand alone. Long ago, he said, he learned that "rooting doesn't make anything happen. The Patriots look so good. I think they got a real shot at doing it." The Dolphins were 14-0 in the regular season and 3-0 in the playoffs, including the Super Bowl. If the Patriots don't lose, they will finish 19-0. Shula admires the Patriots' team, but then, without being asked, he said Spygate negatively impacts the way they should be perceived this season. "The Spygate thing has diminished what they've accomplished. You would hate to have that attached to your accomplishments. They've got it," Shula told the Daily News yesterday. "Belichick was fined $500,000, the team was fined $250,00 and they lost a first-round draft choice. That tells you the seriousness or significance of what they found. "I guess you got the same thing as putting an asterisk by Barry Bonds' home run record. I guess it will be noted that the Patriots were fined and a No.1 draft choice was taken away during that year of accomplishment. The sad thing is Tom Brady looks so good, it doesn't look like he needs any help." -- NY Daily News

Shula: Spygate would mar Pats' undefeated season
7414782_18_1.jpg

Shula: Give Pats asterisk if they go 16-0
Don Shula, the coach of the only perfect season in NFL history, believes the Patriots have a legitimate shot at running the table and joining his '72 Dolphins in going undefeated in the regular season and playoffs. But if they can pull it off, Shula insists the NFL needs to place an asterisk next to the Patriots in the record books because Bill Belichick got caught cheating in the Spygate scandal. Shula is naturally protective of the Dolphins' accomplishment and certainly wants that '72 team to stand alone. Long ago, he said, he learned that "rooting doesn't make anything happen. The Patriots look so good. I think they got a real shot at doing it." The Dolphins were 14-0 in the regular season and 3-0 in the playoffs, including the Super Bowl. If the Patriots don't lose, they will finish 19-0. Shula admires the Patriots' team, but then, without being asked, he said Spygate negatively impacts the way they should be perceived this season. "The Spygate thing has diminished what they've accomplished. You would hate to have that attached to your accomplishments. They've got it," Shula told the Daily News yesterday. "Belichick was fined $500,000, the team was fined $250,00 and they lost a first-round draft choice. That tells you the seriousness or significance of what they found. "I guess you got the same thing as putting an asterisk by Barry Bonds' home run record. I guess it will be noted that the Patriots were fined and a No.1 draft choice was taken away during that year of accomplishment. The sad thing is Tom Brady looks so good, it doesn't look like he needs any help." -- NY Daily News

Man I really hope that the Pats go all the way to the superbowl and shut fucken Shula for good, what an asshole man......
Well the Chargers need a to turn it around sunday, a victory over the Colts would be awesome, and a great boost too for the team.

I can't wait for the Pats vs Jets again, i think the Jets will get shutout, Pats will just walk all over them, it would be total destruction :heh:, how bout them apples jets!!!!!:heh:

By the way i never liked the Jets ever.....

Sunday... I will be at the Bears VS the Raiders..... Another Stellar Tailgate...... More on this at 11...

The Best Tailgate of the season. 3 Tri-tips, 2 Pork Loins and i great line... See some one brought a thing of fresh Pinapple and the line of course, " So is it true what the say that Pinapple make something taste better? THe women were split... 50-50...

Fucking Grossman, 4 minutes left and that bastard throughs a great pass....
See the Raiders found yet ANOTHER WAY TO LOSE!!!!!!! Mother fucking #$%&^^%*&@&^*%$... Augggggggghhhhhh!!!! I feel like Charlie Brown and Lucy just yanked the Ball out while i was trying to kick it......

Thanks T_man but i feel bad a win is a win no matter how ugly but the Chargers on a realistic point of view they didn't deserve to win IMO, but i guess special teams did great, 6 int's Manning's worst game and still we couldn't capitalize points fuck the offensive line is not as agressive anymore, and i know we got new coaches but let it go, that was last year and just try to figure out how to prepare for next week, i know Turner is not the best motivator but fucken man up and play like if it's your last game!!!! if all goes well we may end up fighting for the division title vs the Broncos on Xmas, the way Jax & Tenn are playing it will come down to who ever wins the west to probably get crushed on the 1st round of playoffs.......

Can ANYONE stop the N.F.L. freight train known as the N.E. Patriots!!!

It sure doesn't look like anyone can!!!

Thraxx, that was a tough loss yesterday!! I honestly thought that Culpepper was going to get a sweep against his former teams this year.

The Raiders running game, wait what running? They tried but couldn't run the ball at all. They finally starting passing and moving the ball. With all the turnovers yesterday i thought we just might win.

It's starting to look like The chargers vs broncos on xmas eve will probably define the afc west champions, and i'm not counting the chiefs out it, anything can happen like my chargers not winning a game for the rest of the season!!

I am glad the Cowboys got to 9-1. If they make it to 10-1, they will have a tough time with the Packers.

Go Cowboys!!!
You know I'm not biased because I really don't have a favorite NFC team...But if I had to pick that game I would choose Dallas to win fairly easily.

I don't think there's a better team in the NFC right now than the Cowboys!! Green Bay is over achieving (IMO) and the bottom is going to fall out sooner than later why not to a superior team like the Cowboys..

Dallas has played two bad (And for one of them I mean REALLY BAD!!)
games this year and only lost one of them (The lesser bad of the two)
So I won't be the least bit surprised to see them in the Super Bowl this year unless they lose a fluke game in the playoffs....And I seriously don't see that happening.. It's shaping up as a Dallas -vs- New England Super Bowl!!

There's a very good chance that they'll be able to spoil one or two of their playoff chances based primarily on the HATRED the AFC West teams have for each other..... And if the rumors that Oakland will be naming Russell it's starter for it's 12-2 game hosting Denver are true that already gives them a huge upgrade at QB...

Happy Thanksgiving All!!!!!

As a Raider Fan i Hope we can SPOIL the Chargers, the Broncos and the Chiefs chances!!!!!

Happy Holidays!!!!

And I can't believe it. The 1st time ever in the history of the franchise. It is going to be a great game against the Pack. I am thinking Cowboys 34, Green Bay 21.

What do you all think?

Go Cowboys!!!!!!! On to the Super Bowl!!:kickass: