Andy Sneap is currently working on the new MACHINE HEAD album!

I'm willing to bet they did reamping and maybe some pre-mixing stuff before sending over to Colin. Makes sense since Andy reamps a lot of Colin's stuff or uses KPA profiles of his amps.

I am still trying to figure this album out. A few ponderings from GGI. To say the least I am confused.

-A friend said this is the best album of the past 2 years. I wouldn't go that far but it certainly feels epic. I need to listen to this a few more times.
-Is this one of the greatest sounding metal albums of all time? How can you have such a crushing guitar tone and still maintain a roomy organic drum sound like that?
-I want to say it feels more like a Robb Flynn solo record than a Machine Head record. Not sure what that means but it just feels like it to me.
-Why would I listen to this when I could listen to Burn My Eyes instead?
-Why did this band have to make that Burning Red and Bulldozer/Supercollider bullshit albums? Both are St Angerish. Goodness.
-That guitar tone, woowowowowow

As said in the other machine head thread in the Bar I totally dig this album. Musically and soundwise. The mix just slays. I needed a few listenings to totally get into the music but now I really like it.

I saw them live a few weeks ago and the new songs are live pretty epic too. (I know, overused term but anyway :))