Angel Of Retribution.

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
LOL I know that song is just sooooooooooo bad it should have been banned!!! The song I hate more than that is a Skynyrd song and you're probably a huge fan Paxo, so if I tell you, promise me you won't shout at me. Ok I might as well tell you all now, it's SWEET HOME ALABAMA. Oh how I loathe that song. And yet Freebird is a total masterpiece and definitely in my top ten fav songs of all time.

I don't mind 'Sweet Home Alabama' so much, but like you Princess, I much prefer 'Freebird'. It definitely makes my top ten songs of all time too. I have no idea why most people prefer 'Sweet Home'!

Paxoman said:
I don't mind 'Sweet Home Alabama' so much, but like you Princess, I much prefer 'Freebird'.

Yes Paxo it always strikes me as strange like whenever I listen to planetrock's request show in the evening, whenever they play Skynyrd it's more often than not Alabama. I just can't for the life of me figure out why some folks prefer that to the mindblowingly awesome Freebird. You hardly ever hear Freebird on radio but I hear Alabama almost every day!!!!

I'm not a big fan of suthern rock, although I am going to see Blackfoot in about a month's time, think they are brill, but last week I was listening to planetrock and this song had just started so I didn't hear who it was. It was totally brill and I'm not kidding, I nearly fell off the bed when they said it was Skynyrd. One called That Smell, it's awesome. My friend gave me a Skynyrd boxset yesterday but I've not got around to listening to it yet, even although That Smell is on it. Will try and give it a blast over the weekend.

LOL!!
Maybe the beloved Planet Rock has fallen into the trap of so many other stations - they play what they think their audience want to listen to!
In the long-term, it's their loss...

Are there any other sites that provide a decent Rock output on the airwaves? I'd love to have something to listen to and chill out with in the late evening.

Are youse all listening to the same planetrock radio that I listen to cos it's TOTALLY BRILLIANT. I've only been listening to it for about a year and a half and they play, well all the music I love, e.g. tons of Zep, Sabbath, Floyd, AC/DC, Hendrix, Scorps, Priest,Rush, UFO, Whitesnake, Purple, Free etc. And they play that sort of stuff constantly not just the odd good song every half hour.

Been listening to it this morning and so far we've had Hendrix, GnR, Alice Cooper,Hawkwind, Y & T, Maiden (Wrathchild, awesome) and playing right now TNT (DC). Also on the request show at 10-12pm you can email in Jay Lucas and ask for anything you want. I've emailed in 4 times and guess what, 4 times I got my request played. They played Rush (Limelight and Passage to Bangkok), Saxon (And the Bands Played On) and Girlschool (Nothing to Lose).

Have listened to another few rock stations and I was unfortunate enough to tune into Kerrang radio the other day there. Nearly collapsed when they were playing Eminem, come on man Eminem on Kerrang - Life Is Loud my arse - that's all I can say about Kerrang radio.

Oh yeah and I've got 2 planetrock radio stickers on my car which is cool, I think.

Just got to tell you the last 3 songs played on planetrock - absolutely totally awesome stuff - Sin City (AC/DC), Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Floyd) and Metal Guru (Trex), well I also like a wee bit of glam rock.

Your Royal Higness - I have to admit that I simply don't have a chance to catch this station, so I am just responding on what others said. But, as you've said, if they are playing such a great mixed bag of rock (Floyd - AC/DC etc!) that's a great thing! I mean, playing Maiden is a very cool thing, but playing early stuff like 'Wrathchild' needs to be commended!

Maybe I should put it on when I'm chilling out in the late evening - pardon my techo ignorance, but I suppose I just visit the site on the Web to listen?

By the sound of it, I would really enjoy it and, like recently, I could discover other acts (eg. GirlSchool) that I failed to pick up on back in the old days!!

So - what is the general opinion: is Planet Rock crap or good? I'm getting mixed messages!!!
Maybe a new thread, perhaps?....

My Planet Rock is my PC. 5.1 surround (6 expensive speakers!) 65gb of music... Most of which i own on CD and Ripped myself! (about 75% at least! the rest is bootlegs rare stuff and others that are try before buy lol)

Its cool because every song is always more awesome than the last, but not as good as the next !
:)

Just thought I'd let you all know that right now on planetrock they are playingSAXON 747 STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT . Always seems to sound better over the airwaves!!! Awesome or what.

Nightwar just go to www.planetrock.com and click listen live. Or if you had DAB radio listen on that. It really is the best radio station. Every week night between 9pm and 10pm they do 6 in a row from a featured band. In the one week, we had 6 in a row from RUSH, 6 in a row from GIRLSCHOOL and guess what, 6 in a row from SAXON. - yeah baby yeah!!!!

Just thought I'd let you all know that right now on planetrock they are playingSAXON 747 STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT .

What they are playing it right now princeless ???

....Damn girl your a liar! lmao

:Smokedev:

Mr Sanchez & Your Royal Highness - thank you for your advice and assistance on this matter! It is greatly appreciated!

Seriously - I'm gonna check your link out asap! It sounds like a million lightyears away from Radio 1 and that is fantastic! I gave up listening to Radio 1 in the 90's when they employed a fat retard called 'Moyles'. Since then I have listened to 'TalkSport' (which I love!) and Radio 2, but of course none of them cater for my specific music tastes.

Thanks for the advice!!

6 in a row from SAXON. - yeah baby yeah!!!!

Well, i cant argue with that !!! Good stuff, Saxon on the radio !!!

I don't listen to Planetrock all the time, but when I do listen to it it is normally a right load of cobblers! They just seem to play the same songs by the same bands all the time. They play Saxon, but it is always 'Never Surrender' or '747'. Pink Floyd 'Comfortably Numb' or 'High Hopes'. Etc etc.

Paxoman said:
I don't listen to Planetrock all the time, but when I do listen to it it is normally a right load of cobblers!

Well said!

I listened to 'it' some days ago for around 30 minutes or so, during that most boring period of my existence i was treated to a song that i may have only heard a million times before on so called 'rock radio' and that was suprise suprise "Since you've been gone" by Rainbow..Available now and forevermore on ALL rock compilation CDs everywhere, no doubt along with
'Ace of Spades' 'Breakin' the Law' 'Paranoid' and the ZZ-Top tune that everyone always skips past!

valanx said:
Well said!

I listened to 'it' some days ago for around 30 minutes or so, during that most boring period of my existence i was treated to a song that i may have only heard a million times before on so called 'rock radio' and that was suprise suprise "Since you've been gone" by Rainbow..Available now and forevermore on ALL rock compilation CDs everywhere, no doubt along with
'Ace of Spades' 'Breakin' the Law' 'Paranoid' and the ZZ-Top tune that everyone always skips past!

Ahhh I have quite a few of those compilation CD's! There is normally a couple of cracking songs on each one that arn't on the other compilations, so you buy it. But are treated to 20 odd songs that you have already got on the other compilations!

valanx said:
Well said!

Since you'v been gone" by Rainbow,'Ace of Spades' 'Breakin' the Law' 'Paranoid' and the ZZ-Top tune that everyone always skips past!

We must all be tuning in at different times cos I think I've only heard that Rainbow track twice, Ace of Spades once, Breaking the Law maybe 3 times and I've been listening to planet rock for about year and a half. I will agree with ZZ top over the past few months they've been playing Sharp Dressed Man and Legs a fair bit and the other wan from Eliminator which I canny remember, but they all sound the same.

Have very rarely heard Paranoid, I always hear Sweetleaf,Snowblind, NIB quite a lot but thats cool cos it totally rocks or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Just the other day they played my all time fav Sabbath track, A NATIONAL ACROBAT Wow just how superb is that song and have never heard it on radio before. Also Hand of Doom, another cracker.

:Smug: we were actually talking about those endless rock compilation cds and the songs that are always on them...not what is played on Planet Rock!

LOL

Just out of interest though, is it possible to stream Planet Rock to your pc from the net? do they have a site for doing that and will it work with winamp or does it have to be with that shit known as windows media player?

Also, does plant rawk play much Priest...cos i do ;)