Angel Of Retribution.

I quite enjoyed the Ripper years, he was quite a character (Pax you were @ the Brixton gig that Saxon did with them weren't you? How can anyone forget the moment he span the mike round like it was a golf club, knocking one off ooh err the first tee, CLASSIC!)

And I look forward to seeing him over hear with Iced Earth one day hopefully please pretty please !

Valanx said:
"Yeah and the Jugulator and Demolition cd covers should of properly indicated that it was a tribute band!!"
LOL! Yeah, they did suck some what! Jugulator looks like an image off an 8-Bit computer!
Ain't we critical, eh?

Fingers said:
"How can anyone forget the moment he span the mike round like it was a golf club, knocking one off ooh err the first tee, CLASSIC!"
You've gotta tell me more about this, cos I don't get it and it sounds like it was pretty funny! wAS It A Spinal Tap moment of something?

nightwar said:
Jugulator looks like an image off an 8-Bit computer!

Yeah not a bad picture ......when you consider the fact it was done on a commodore 64 ..... lol

I guess the recording and production of juglator was handled by something much more powerfull......Perhaps an Amiga, although judging by the final sound i would say the earlier A500 model :lol:

This is pretty funny!
http://virtuaalikoulu.ijkk.fi/~petri.sippola/tavara/glennsbadday.gif

:headbang:

Fingers said:
I quite enjoyed the Ripper years, he was quite a character (Pax you were @ the Brixton gig that Saxon did with them weren't you? How can anyone forget the moment he span the mike round like it was a golf club, knocking one off ooh err the first tee, CLASSIC!)

And I look forward to seeing him over hear with Iced Earth one day hopefully please pretty please !

Yeah I was there mate, and a cracking gig it was too. Got the gig on cd and dvd, and it is always worth a listen/watch. I'm with Fingers in thinking that the Ripper years wern't all that bad.

While we are on the subject of the Priest,what did everybody think of the cover Saxon did of You've got another thing coming on the Judas Priest tribute album.I thought they done a good job of it.

midnightrider said:
While we are on the subject of the Priest,what did everybody think of the cover Saxon did of You've got another thing coming on the Judas Priest tribute album.I thought they done a good job of it.

I thought it was excellent myself, i still listen to it quite often!

Valanx - LOL! I was thinking more of a Spectrum 48 myself!!

Amiga - Bloody Hell! You bring back memories! I used to love that baby!!

Seriously, I have no probs with the Ripper years - he kept the band going and there were a few decent tracks made in the process. The most important thing is that Ripper kept the band alive until Rob H returned - Kind of like Blaze and Maiden.
Like I said previously, I like the Ripper albums, but I just don't perceive them as Priest albums. Again, the same applies with my opinion of the Blaze Maiden albums - they just did not come across as Maiden, but another band. Although (and I may get crucified here!) 'Sign Of The Cross' has become one of my favourite Maiden albums!

Mr Midnight - Yep, I love Saxon's version of 'Another Thing Comin''! They made some pretty big changes to it and added that melodic substance that Saxon have. That could have backfired but they pulled it off!!
Dare I say it, but the Saxon version is on a level with the original at least!
The thing that wins me over is Nigel Glockler's percussion on that track. He added another dimension to it! And it was possibly one of the last tracks he recorded with the band before he left due to health reasons.

nightwar said:
You've gotta tell me more about this, cos I don't get it and it sounds like it was pretty funny! wAS It A Spinal Tap moment of something?

It was pure theatre Nightwar, using his Mike like it was a golf club, I guess you may have had to be there. :loco:

Fingers im curious, what is the glorious burden album like? i read kinda mixed reviews a while back... Im not a big Iced Earth fan or anything but i loved that song 'Melancholy' and some of the earlier stuff was ok. How many singers has that band had 2 or 3?

I myself have only ever head Ripper singing 'When the Eagle Cries' from the glorious burden, i found great amusement in the mega cheesed up video and the childlike lyrics....

"How could they....They will pay"

:D

Wow what a concert that was indeed. Was never really a big Priest fan and basically went to see The Scorps cos I'd been fan for years and had never seen them before. Scorps were fantastic, best song of the night from the Scorps had to be The Zoo - superb stuff - also Rock You Like A Hurricane. I was right at the front of the barrier and it was rockin. Only 2 bad things about their performance, firstly it wasn't nearly loud enough and secondly they played the Godawful Winds of Change (sorry if any of youse like it) but I was really hoping to hear a wee bit of In Trance, Pictured Life, Fly to the Rainbow etc. Still they put on a great performance.

Hells bells, I could not get over how sensational Priest were. They totally cranked it up bigtime. They were so heavy, powerful and loud - totally unbelievable. Halford's voice was sensational, he was just amazing. BTROD, Green Manaleshi, Victim of Changes and You've Got Another Thing Coming were my favs. Even the 2 songs which I'm not really that keen on, Living After Midnight and Breaking The Law - they sounded brill as well. Judas is Rising, Revolution and Deal with the Devil they were fantastic as well. All in all, a totally AWESOME concert.

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Wow what a concert that was indeed. Was never really a big Priest fan and basically went to see The Scorps cos I'd been fan for years and had never seen them before. Scorps were fantastic, best song of the night from the Scorps had to be The Zoo - superb stuff - also Rock You Like A Hurricane. I was right at the front of the barrier and it was rockin. Only 2 bad things about their performance, firstly it wasn't nearly loud enough and secondly they played the Godawful Winds of Change (sorry if any of youse like it) but I was really hoping to hear a wee bit of In Trance, Pictured Life, Fly to the Rainbow etc. Still they put on a great performance.

Hells bells, I could not get over how sensational Priest were. They totally cranked it up bigtime. They were so heavy, powerful and loud - totally unbelievable. Halford's voice was sensational, he was just amazing. BTROD, Green Manaleshi, Victim of Changes and You've Got Another Thing Coming were my favs. Even the 2 songs which I'm not really that keen on, Living After Midnight and Breaking The Law - they sounded brill as well. Judas is Rising, Revolution and Deal with the Devil they were fantastic as well. All in all, a totally AWESOME concert.

So you kind of liked it then?!!

Paxoman said:
So you kind of liked it then?!!

Heeheehee just a bit. When I said I wasn't a huge Priest fan, that was kinda an understatement, cos I was never really that keen on them, I don't know why just never really took to them, although I did hear plenty of their stuff, but just couldn't get into them. Anyway I met my cousin at the Whitesnake concert and he asked if I was going to see Priest and I said nope cos I didn't really like them much. And he said to me "No you will be going when you hear who the Special Guests are". As soon as he said The Scorps I was speechless and got onto SECC website following morning and got my tickets.

I would probably say that was my 4th best concert ever. Best being Rush 30th anniversary tour, 2nd favourite was Budgie at the Renfrew Ferry in November there, Saxon at King Tuts in October and 4th the Priest/Scorps gig.

Just heard today that Judas Priest are to release a live dvd and album in the autumn called Re-Unleashed in the East (recorded in Tokyo)Dont know whats going to happen to the shows that they filmed here (Birmingham)

Thats interesting news midnightrider, do have any links about this???

And in referance to what princess of the night was saying, a friend who came along with us to see them wasnt really a Priest fan at all and he was blown away!

Awesome!

NIGHTWAR!!!! - did you get my email about the info on that dvd of the Birmingham NEC gig you went to ??? Just wondered! Should finish downloading in a few days anyway! bloody 4.7gb!!

valanx said:
Thats interesting news midnightrider, do have any links about this???

And in referance to what princess of the night was saying, a friend who came along with us to see them wasnt really a Priest fan at all and he was blown away!

Awesome!

NIGHTWAR!!!! - did you get my email about the info on that dvd of the Birmingham NEC gig you went to ??? Just wondered! Should finish downloading in a few days anyway! bloody 4.7gb!!
Saw it on www.metalhammer.co.uk

Valanx - don't worry, Mate. I'm not ignoring you. Promise!!
I've just been so busy the last couple of days - In fact it's gone 11:30pm whilst I write this and I've just got back home! DOH!!
I promise to email you properly tomorrow, My Good Man! Loads of "sorrys" go your way!!
We'll sort something out about the DVD! Bloody Hell! How long Downloading!!!!???!!!!

valanx said:
Fingers im curious, what is the glorious burden album like? i read kinda mixed reviews a while back... Im not a big Iced Earth fan or anything but i loved that song 'Melancholy' and some of the earlier stuff was ok. How many singers has that band had 2 or 3?

I myself have only ever head Ripper singing 'When the Eagle Cries' from the glorious burden, i found great amusement in the mega cheesed up video and the childlike lyrics....

"How could they....They will pay"

:D

Valanx its a great "Power Metal" album, well worth a listen (very historical lyrics, American civil war etc.). It's the first album of theirs I've bought. Yeah they've had a few singers. The guys who's band it is (Jon Schaffer) reminds me of Jeff Waters from Annihilator, as he seems to do everything, nearly all the song writing etc.

With regards cover songs Arch Enemy have covered some cracking tracks on their Wages of Sin album.

Starbreaker - Priest
Aces High - Maiden
Scream of Anger - Europe (for F**s sakes)

Check them out if you haven't already. :headbang:

Fingers said:
Valanx its a great "Power Metal" album, well worth a listen (very historical lyrics, American civil war etc.). It's the first album of theirs I've bought. Yeah they've had a few singers. The guys who's band it is (Jon Schaffer) reminds me of Jeff Waters from Annihilator, as he seems to do everything, nearly all the song writing etc.

With regards cover songs Arch Enemy have covered some cracking tracks on their Wages of Sin album.

Starbreaker - Priest
Aces High - Maiden
Scream of Anger - Europe (for F**s sakes)

Check them out if you haven't already. :headbang:

Id give it a listen for sure.. Id like to get into Iced Earth more just one of those bands that always seems to evade me for some reason!

I really liked all those Arch Enemy Covers on the wages of sin double cd and im still blown away by Arch Enemys version of symphony of destruction! better than megadeths original by far!! Angelas voice has such attitude!!!

Nightwar- no problem mate! cheers for your mail il get back to you asap, the dvd is only taking so long coz of the seed/peer ratio but i will have it in a few days, what ive seen so far of it, seems to be shot from the balcony, great sound quality!