Angel Of Retribution.

Paxoman said:
Planet Rock has got a website Valanx.

Thanks Paxo, it would appear that you can stream it yeah, but i didnt have much luck perhaps its coz im using firefox??

Anyway i found a prog called live365 literally hundreds of metal radio stations. Hundreds of stations for every kind of music in fact!

http://www.live365.com/index.live

:headbang:

I love AOR!! From beginning to end an absolute classic!! Im not gonna compare it to Lionheart though as they are two very different albums by bands with their own unique style. Both kick ass classics though!!

The Man In Black said:
I love AOR!! From beginning to end an absolute classic!! Im not gonna compare it to Lionheart though as they are two very different albums by bands with their own unique style. Both kick ass classics though!!

Well said...

Could not of asked for much more from AOR and Lionheart!

The AOR stuff live sounds really powerfull and fits in perfectly with all the other Priest classics!

I dont know if Judas Priests next album will be as good as AOR..... but i just have a feeling the next Saxon album will be better than Lionheart.

valanx said:
Thanks Paxo, it would appear that you can stream it yeah, but i didnt have much luck perhaps its coz im using firefox??

Anyway i found a prog called live365 literally hundreds of metal radio stations. Hundreds of stations for every kind of music in fact!

http://www.live365.com/index.live

Haven't got a clue what firefox is valanx, but I'll guess and say yeah that is the problem! :lol:

I like the sound of live365, I'll have to check that link out. Anything has to be better than Planet Rock. I come to the conclusion that Planet Rocks library of music has about 10 songs in it, because that is about the number of different songs I have ever heard on the station!

AOR and Lionheart are certainly two of the best albums to have come out in many a year. Both are heavy as f**k, total heavy metal. I'd like to see Saxon go even heavier, or at least stick to the heaviness of Lionheart/Unleash the beast.

The Man In Black said:
I hope for another album like their heaviest = METALHEAD!!!!!! :headbang:

Yeah !!!!one!1
Another 'MetalHead' style album would be a killer! Its one of my all time favourite cds!!

Mad Dan McCafferty said:
the best priest album in my opinion was defenders of the faith, you just can't beat it, though on the aor tour they played nowt from it which was very very strange!!!
Yeah, i love 'Defenders Of The Faith' too, but my fave Priest album is the awsome 'Painkiller'!!
Its just soooo heavy and powerfull (great lyrics too) :headbang:

valanx said:
Yeah !!!!one!1
Another 'MetalHead' style album would be a killer! Its one of my all time favourite cds!!
I don't know why, but i could never really get in to the Metalhead album :erk:
I love Conquistador, but im not really into the rest of the album much. Its just a bit slow and plody, and not very melodic. I apologise for not liking it much :cry:

CRUSADER747 said:
Yeah, i love 'Defenders Of The Faith' too, but my fave Priest album is the awsome 'Painkiller'!!
Its just soooo heavy and powerfull (great lyrics too) :headbang:

Yeah "Painkiller" is an amazing piece of genuine heavy metal! Its a work of art! My favourite lyrics are the enigmatic lyrics to 'All Guns Blazing' Does anyone here actually understand just what the fuck they are trying to say with this song??

I love the tune with all my heart, dont get me wrong, but " Cross cutting thundercharge Blade of destruction Flame throwing hurricane Destroys the cage" :err:

Awesome album though, had to be owned (by me) twice on vinyl once on cassette and twice on CD for maximum appreciation!!!

All Guns Blazing

Twisting the strangle grip
Won't give no mercy
Feeling those tendons rip
Torn up and mean

Blastmaster racks the ground
Bent on survival
Full throttle hammers down
A deadly scream

All Guns, All Guns Blazing

Forced into overdrive
Drawn out of anger
All talons poison dipped
Impaling spike

Heart pounding fever pitch
Blood pumping fury
Two fisted dynamo
Eager to strike

All Guns, All Guns Blazing

Cross cutting thundercharge
Blade of destruction
Flame throwing hurricane
Destroys the cage

Bone crushing alien
God of salvation
Sad wings that heaven sent
Wipes out in rage

All Guns, All Guns Blazing</a>

</a>

I hate to write about Priest on a Saxon site, but this topic really demands it...Well, it's all about the majesty of British Heavy Metal!!!

JUDAS PRIEST - PAINKILLER

The very first "true heavy metal" album for me, the one I've been through with a lot. I discovered this very best Judas Priest album back in autumn 1992, when a good friend of mine introduced me this astounding record of pure power, artistry and massive aggression. "Painkiller" has been, is and always will be my absolute favourite true heavy metal album of all time. This record has kept the flame alive throughout the last 13 years and it will always be the ultimate heavy metal album. "Painkiller" is the album, which puts all others on their knees!!! Listen to the tracks like "Painkiller", "Hell Patrol", "Leather Rebel", Between The Hammer And The Anvil" and "Touch Of Evil"...THEY ARE HEAVY FUCKING METAL!!!

JUDAS PRIEST have been the sharp and hard edge of heavy metal for the last 35 years and are STILL GOING STRONG!!! The attitude, sound, strength and versatility outshine all newer metal bands (say, born since 1980) and many of the legendary ones too. Even Iron Maiden and Motörhead, who have absolutely great massive music under their belts (two of my all time favorites), PALE before the mighty METAL GODS! Only Black Sabbath - only when fronted by Ronnie James Dio and Dio-era songs - can dare to challenge these Monsters Of Rock!(listen to the track and you'll know what a HEAVY metal riff is all about!)

What comes to originality, evolution and special qualities like singing, only Saxon (one of the most recognizable and enjoyable) and Dio (the god of vocalists) can wrestle with Priest.

JUDAS PRIEST is one of the handful of heavy metal bands that have always had the balls to make evolving music instead of resting on their laurels. JUDAS PRIEST have always gone beyond the boundaries and trends of metal, leading a standard of their own. After all, JUDAS PRIEST is one of the pioneers of metal, they have pawed a way of their own. I witnessed my very first Priest show back on March 2nd this year at the Tampere Icehall, Finland. That show is the best I've ever experienced thus far.

The bottom line is, that each of the titans of heavy metal - Priest, Dio, Maiden, Sabs, Motörhead, Saxon - all have their uniqueness, specialties, originalities, strengths (no weaknesses!) and skills that we all love and hold dear. When talking about JUDAS PRIEST, I really have to say it loud and honestly that they are my favorite band of all time - even just because of the long way. When talking about Saxon, I'm a huge Saxon enthusiast already, even though my Saxon experience is still limited...my enthusiasm grows day by day!!! I know for sure - like I said in my first post - that Saxon will become one of the top-of-the-line heavy metal bands for me. I know when a band has the power and vision of being a great metal band. Saxon has all the qualities that a legend needs. While listening to the legacy of Priest, I'll have to put focus on the mastery that is Saxon. Wish I could go to a Saxon live show soon, I've become so eager for more Saxon that I'm trembling from excitement! And all I've heard so far are 3 full albums and 2 live shows...

"HEAVY METAL IS IMMORTAL...IT MAKES US IMMORTAL!!!"

Once again some very fine and inspiring words, its great to read posts like that and see just how passionate a person can be about a band.

There is only one and only every will be one Judas Priest!! And the same is true of Saxon...

Metal Legends without a doubt !!!!

Fall to your knees and repent if you please!
Your on the beggining of a great road of true heavy metal discovery with the mighty Saxon, enjoy the ride brother!

Im quite looking forward to when you post to tell us you have 'Metalhead' .....when you recover from being totally blown away that is!!

valanx said:
Your on the beggining of a great road of true heavy metal discovery with the mighty Saxon, enjoy the ride brother!

Im quite looking forward to when you post to tell us you have 'Metalhead' .....when you recover from being totally blown away that is!!

Thanx for the support! And thanx for helping me get started with Saxon. It really pains me that I've introduced myself with the Eagle this late after all the legends and newcomers I've been with so long...Luckily I already have 3 MIGHTY albums and 2 EXCELLENT live shows...

I know, hear and feel that Saxon will definitely keep rushing me through the storm of heavy metal thunder on the burning wheels of steel...!!!

I have this electrifying sensation deep within that "Metalhead" as a whole album will - for sure - make me go absolutely crazy! If Saxon already has gunned me down with "All Guns Blazing", I know the album as a whole will also be nothing but excellent! Can't wait to get hold of this album...I promise to write my (honest) review on the board once I get hold of my breath again after the experience...

saxon metal - So you quite like Judas Priest then?! :lol:

It's great when you discover a band that have been around for years, and you have loads of material to catch up on. There is no waiting for the next album to come out, because there are loads of albums already out there for you to buy! The same thing happened to me with Metallica. I was never really into Metallica, so didn't bother with them. But when I was in America, the local rock station used to play half an hour of Metallica every night non stop, and I discovered some great tunes. So there I was, not having one single Metallica album in my collection and Garage Inc had just been released. A couple of months later, I had all of them. Then...........St Anger came out!

Paxoman said:
saxon metal - So you quite like Judas Priest then?! :lol:

It's great when you discover a band that have been around for years, and you have loads of material to catch up on.

Yeah, Judas Priest - THE METAL GODS!!! All I can say is that facing the power of Judas Priest is like this:

Worms (pop bands) slither across a highway (music world)...From the far distance (since 1969 I mean) comes a brutal, but finely tuned motorcycle monster with all the steel, chrome, leather, burning rubber, crushing sound and flying sparks (Priest the band) and squashes all on its path with single, heavy and swift rage!!! You know the sound of a bike passing by: rrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr...

That's Priest. Unstoppable, unchallenged, powerful.

-------------------------------------------

What comes to Saxon the mighty Eagle, I'm so sorry to have begun my focus on the band only this summer!!! And yet, for the last 10 years, I've known that there is a band called Saxon, one of the great NWOBHM bands around...Somehow - due to the huge amount of different kinds metal - I never focused on the excellence that is Saxon - what a bad excuse!

Fortunately, I'm now safe and sound on the back of the Eagle, rising steadily towards the skies of heavy metal thunder...and I've been already struck by the lightning, so there's no turning back! Even 20 000 feet is not enough, I want higher!!! All the way until I truly know Saxon!!!

P:S: Saxon did a gig in Finland back in 2001...It so pains me I wasn't aware of this until recently! The setlist: perfect! The venue: perfect as well; Club Nosturi (i.e. lift crane) in Helsinki...

P:p:S: Next time when Saxon comes to Finland...Front row, centerpoint!!!

saxon metal said:
Yeah, Judas Priest - THE METAL GODS!!! All I can say is that facing the power of Judas Priest is like this:

Worms (pop bands) slither across a highway (music world)...From the far distance (since 1969 I mean) comes a brutal, but finely tuned motorcycle monster with all the steel, chrome, leather, burning rubber, crushing sound and flying sparks (Priest the band) and squashes all on its path with single, heavy and swift rage!!! You know the sound of a bike passing by: rrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr...

That's Priest. Unstoppable, unchallenged, powerful.

Yep, that sounds about right to me!

:)

I hear Priest have dropped a couple of songs and added "Worth Fighting For" and "Desert Plains" to the setlist, shame i would of loved to hear both those tunes!

I wonder if Rob can still pull off those awesome screams in the middle of Desert Plains like he used to?

valanx said:
I hear Priest have dropped a couple of songs and added "Worth Fighting For" and "Desert Plains" to the setlist, shame i would of loved to hear both those tunes!

Me too mate! 'Worth Fighting For' is my favourite track off AOL, and 'Desert Plains' is a classic as well. The Judas Priest setlist was pretty good, but those two songs added would have been the icing!

Paxoman said:
'Worth Fighting For' is my favourite track off AOL.

I was just saying the very same thing a few days ago. Judas is Rising and Deal with the Devil were my 2 favs but its just been since the last week or two that I now think Worth Fighting For is totally brilliant, always liked it, but its definitely my favourite song on the album now.