Anglagard and Anekdoten

well I bought Hybris from another site thanks to someone not here ;] but my parents are pissed right now because I'm spending all my money. So I cant get anything else for a while. But I really appreciate all the help guys.
avskum: thanks, but they still don't have Epilog. I guess thats pretty much impossible to find. Oh well.

NP: Glass Hammer - Revelation & Chronometry

Do Anekdoten have any other instrumental tracks akin to "Karelia"?

Can anyone recommend any other instrumental tracks by other prog. bands?

Can anyone recommend good songs by Landberk?

What are MORTE MACABRE like? Are they worth checking out?

thanks and cheers...
:Smokedev:

Änglagård are absolutely incredible! Hybris and Epilog are both incredibly great albums, which, I think, might appeal to many Opeth fans who are not hesitant to go into a much softer kind of music: just like Opeth, both of those albums have a great mixture of progressiveness, innovation, and atmosphere. Epilog is probably my favourite album from the two, as it strays further from any prog rock-cliches that might still have been apparent on Hybris, and seems overall the more atmospheric album of the two.
Still, I only have these two albums as mp3 on my computer, because I have never seen any place (not even online vendors)selling Änglagård albums... except for the live album, which I am a bit hesitant to get first, because the only track I heard from that was clearly not as good as the studio version. I'll try some of the suggestions given on this page, though. :)

Never checked out Anekdoten, though... I guess I'll do, some day, when I'm in a progrock-mood again...

And, now we're talking about prog rock bands anyway, how about Camel? I know they have been highly influential on Opeth, so there might as well be some Camel fans in here... I have heard the albums Mirage, The Snow Goose, Moonmadness, and Stationary Traveller, and can only say that I like all of them... Even Stationary Traveller, which seems to have quite a few influences of 80s synth pop, still retains the beauty, melody and atmosphere that make me like the other Camel albums I heard, so much.

Just about everytime I log onto the board I've got anekdoten streaming from their sight. Beautiful stuff. I'm waiting till I go back to Japan this autumn to try and find a copy of Vemod with the bonus track on it.
Anglagard are kings. No easier way to say it.

I am quite new to progressive rock, so pardon my ignorance...
What album are Anglagard's songs "Kung Bore" and "Jordrok" from?

Anglagard and Anekdoten are truly unique and quite exceptional bands, if I do say so myself...

Does anybody know a good Anglagard website?

thanks and cheers

Kung Bore and Jordrok are both from "Hybris" although i like Epilog, their other album(yeah they only had 2) better.

Anglagard...doesnt really have a good website. The official one was abandoned after they broke up in 1995l, Just search around on google to find some information.

Thanks for the Anglagard link!

I also encourage anyone to check out the Anekdoten website and listen to a sample from the Morte Macabre project... It's a pretty good instrumental track...
Morte Macabre features members of Anekdoten...

www.anekdoten.se

Originally posted by Manes
I also encourage anyone to check out the Anekdoten website and listen to a sample from the Morte Macabre project... It's a pretty good instrumental track...
Morte Macabre features members of Anekdoten...

www.anekdoten.se

I bought morte macabre's symphonic holocaust this weekend (while at a Flower Kings concert!), a truly great record.

bn.com - Surprisingly has a TON of stuff.
secondspin.com - easy to find out of print stuff here.
cduniverse.com - seems to carry a lot of imports.

Other than that I go to big independent stores, Rhino, Amoeba, etc.

King Crimson rules, I would pick up Red or Disclipline first, although Larks' Tongues in Aspic is my personal favorite.

Oh yeah, and thanks to all that brought up headbangersdelight.com, I just blew $50 there (including the Opeth flag). :)