Angry drunks.

I'm a sleepy drunk.

And NAD, he's talking about pints of 12% ABV ale, not little bottles of Budweiser like you Americans are used to :)

Ifurin said:
I'm a sleepy drunk.

And NAD, he's talking about pints of 12% ABV ale, not little bottles of Budweiser like you Americans are used to :)

12 abv would most of the time be barley wine.

and nad doesn't drink lame beer, as he has stated

Ifurin said:
:rolleyes: I don't know how many times I have to say it, American Mainstream Piss beer is NOT the sole choice around here, in fact the liquor stores I go to you can't even find that shit half the time (thankfully). California [EDIT: actually the US west coast in general, Oregon and Washington are home to excellent stuff as well] breweries make the BEST BEER IN THE WORLD (from all the stuff I've tried), most of the stouts brewed out here make Guiness look like Budweiser. I'm not exaggerating, try a Mortality Stout (Reaper), Obsidian Stout (Deschuttes), or a San Quentin Break-Out Stout (Marin County Brew Co.) some time, trust me. http://www.belmont-station.com/ Not sure if they ship overseas. Anyhow you're fairly new to this forum so you probably haven't seen previous beer rants by me, and therefore are forgiven. :loco:

But yeah, 20 beers at 12% would definitely knock me on my ass. Most of the stuff I drink is around 7%. But I did drink a 750mL of 80 proof scotch in one sitting, on two occasions and lived to tell the tale. So yeah, I can hold my liquor.

PS: Barley wine is UNRULY. Best stuff I've had is called Old Horizontal which is I think 11% and it just makes you want to sleep, like the picture on the bottle shows. :D

hahaha I take my beer pretty seriously, sorry if I sounded like a dick. :p

The other night my friend was drinking a Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale out of the bottle:
Him: "This shit is good!"
NAD: "POUR THAT SHIT IN A GLASS GOD DAMMIT!"
Him: "Shut up, beer fag!"

While I don't know much about many different beers yet, I respect someone who does, and I know a good beer when I taste it! I do appreciate something a bit better than our usual Molson Canadian and Labatt Blue, though from what I've tasted, Molson > American shits

Once you dive into good beer, you'll realize how crap Molson and Labbatt's are. :) But yeah, much much better than Miller, Chudweiser, and other shit. The only Big American beer that is any good is Michelob (part of the Anheiser-Busch family oddly enough), because they make certain micro-brew style beers. And then of course Sam Adams, but he runs his shit like a microbrewery so it's still excellent stuff, just popular for some reason.

Stick with British and US west coast beer for the best shit, I would recommend starting off with some pale ales, or maybe a bitter like a Fuller's ESB. Then if you dig that go for an IPA, but those are beer drinker beers, very hoppy. For darker beers, Guinness is the easiest to start with because they are really mellow. Afterwards you can get into other stouts and porters, Samuel Smith, Fuller's, and Young make very good stuff. Other than that I go west coast brews, and I'm not sure how available they are elsewhere. Try the link I posted above to find all kinds of stuff.

God damn I love beer!

and i think a good starter "good" beer is seirra nevada anything, i like the IPA...LOOL FOR ZEE GREEN BOXXOXOOXX!

Erik said:
If you can drink 20 × 7% beers in one evening and live to tell the tale you're probably better than Hell Mike at drinking

Impressive... I'm much more of a wimp than that :p
I also weigh 220 lbs. and have been drinking beer for 11 years now. :zombie:
Erik said:
BTW is it just me or is Guinness Extra Stout about 239482 times better than the draught version?
I don't like the extra stout as much, it's good but a little bitter for me, if I want bitter beer I drink IPA.
KILL TULLY said:
and i think a good starter "good" beer is seirra nevada anything, i like the IPA...LOOL FOR ZEE GREEN BOXXOXOOXX!
Very true. That stuff is pretty much available everywhere, isn't it? Their stout sucks but everything else I definitely dig.

yep, at least the IPA is available anywher...even in supermarkets for people that actually are able to get beer at supermarkets, unlike us bostonians =( =(

damn dude Guiness Draught = the easiest beer in the entire world to chug at godlike speeds. Its like slipperly slithery throat jelly or osmthing, hahaha

oh and if you decide to start drinking good beer don't be one of those fags that buys killians, or old speckled hen to look b33r l33t and really not realize that there just as shitty as all the other crap.

EDIT: unless you actually like it of course.