answer to mr/mrs rahvin (the king)

@shadowlioness: thanks for your compliments, it always makes me feel a better dwarf when i hear somebody is satisfied of my doings. :)
i never applied for this job, and certainly never to um. basically, there were reasons why niklas/hedon wanted someone to handle the board so that it could go on in the tradition of previous dt forums even though the number of users here on um is incredibly larger. i've known niklas (by mail, mainly) since 1995 or something, and we agree on a number of issues, so he asked me if i wanted the "job". since my actual everyday job allows for huge amounts of time spent online and does not require my full, unconditioned attention, i said yes and started taking care of the forum in the way you all know and - hopefully - don't hate too much.
although i'm the only one exposing himself as a moderator, i'd like you to know that all important decisions are approved by niklas. you're not in the hands of a mad italian dwarf alone. ;)

rahvin.

Originally posted by rahvin
@shadowlioness: thanks for your compliments, it always makes me feel a better dwarf when i hear somebody is satisfied of my doings. :)

Height is highly overrated...this coming from myself who is nearly 5 foot 9"...I have wished to be shorter on more than one occasion! Embrace your "dwarfness";) .

Thanks for the insight on "final decisions" too...keep it up!:)

@deepinmisery: i'm fully aware you're flattering me. ;) no luck, big boy, i'm engaged right now. :p

@shadowlioness: i'm not that short (171cm), it's more of an old joke and a state of mind. :)

rahvin.

@Rahvu:
You´re just as tall as me.. and I you will be..until you drop.. You won´t get any taller..nor do I.
YOU`RE DOOMED.. mitt leftie-comrade.

Ah, it is that short!
Hehehe
I am 176 cm.. :D

(No, it doesn't really matter, my last two bf's were both shorter then me :s, but believe me, it didn't matter. :D At least, if you can stand me being taller and being in charge. :s :))

Originally posted by The Grand Wazoo
(No, it doesn't really matter, my last two bf's were both shorter then me :s, but believe me, it didn't matter. :D At least, if you can stand me being taller and being in charge. :s :))

are you proposing me too? :oops: i'm getting really popular these days. :D

rahvin.

Originally posted by The Grand Wazoo
*feels tall now*

I guess you haven't met Tranquillian ("the artist formerly known as At the Gates"), have you? :)

Anyways, perhaps it is just me, but I would find myself extremely uncomfortable dating a girl taller than me. Dunno why, perhaps it has something to do with my fear of inferiority, or something... And considering that I'm not exactly taller than the Dwarf, that might explain my difficulties finding a suitable girlfriend - if she were 1 cm taller than me, she really would have to be the most perfect woman on earth.

-Villain (who has met many perfect women - none of them wanted him...)

I've only "dated" (that word sounds really stupid) girls who are shorter. Don't know about how I would feel about a taller woman, never felt attracted to one, although being taller isn't any foreseable problem either. I prefer women close to my height though, I don't take really short girls very seriously for some reason. :p Not meaning offence to anyone... I'm about average height for Finnish youth (183cm), and doesn't seem like I'll grow anymore.

lol i always think that really attractive women have to be slender, tall, blonde and have long legs. now looking at my "score"... they were all brunette, over 10cm shorter than myself, and obviously had no long legs and were not that slender either. :lol:
i don't condem that, it just happens that i feel attracted to a different kind of women that my mind would first think of. i believe you just can't tell from the outside. it may have some relevance on your first impression, but it always happens something different from what you may have planned

i am not comfortable with girls taller than me, i am, well 180 cm roundabout, and "girls" taller mostly really look like butchers (no offense to anyone here :) )