anthrax on ozzfest???

Thrillho said:
Fuck those Cradle of Filth "boo hoo misery I'm a goth" fucks that go to Ozzfest. CHEER THE FUCK UP dEsPaIrChIk and get a fucking life. Either that or stop talking about it and kill your fucking self. I can't stand the people I see at Ozzfest - fuck their being fans. Most of them are drunk ass old heads who were already fans in the first place, or they are fucking 13 year olds who go just so they can get the fucking T-shirt and show off to all there hardcore friends when we all fucking know in 2 months the little faggot is gonna go back to listening to Eminem. I would hate to have fans like that.

Damnit! It's so early in the day guys, make me stop!!!

No way dude, you're on a roll. Preach on.

There is a good thing about Ozzfest. When it hits the Northwest, KUFO in Portland recruits a bunch of bands to play Rockfest down in Portland for half the price, and it sells out at a big venue. First year I went, which was the 2nd year of it, they had Static-X, System of a Down, Buckcherry, Silverchair, Godsmack, Primus, Megadeth and Rob Zombie for $32. Buckcherry was big on radio then, and Silverchair is almost my little surprise band that I like some of their songs. But to see Rob Zombie, Static-X, Megadeth for $32, that was awesome. Can't remember who they had last year, but I missed it. Year after the first I went to, they branched off to have the Tattoo the Earth tour. It was the first concert on that tour. That was a really good concert too, but now they're back to recruiting off of Ozzfest.

Riehlthing said:
There is a good thing about Ozzfest. When it hits the Northwest, KUFO in Portland recruits a bunch of bands to play Rockfest down in Portland for half the price, and it sells out at a big venue. First year I went, which was the 2nd year of it, they had Static-X, System of a Down, Buckcherry, Silverchair, Godsmack, Primus, Megadeth and Rob Zombie for $32. Buckcherry was big on radio then, and Silverchair is almost my little surprise band that I like some of their songs. But to see Rob Zombie, Static-X, Megadeth for $32, that was awesome. Can't remember who they had last year, but I missed it. Year after the first I went to, they branched off to have the Tattoo the Earth tour. It was the first concert on that tour. That was a really good concert too, but now they're back to recruiting off of Ozzfest.

You are right. Without Ozzfest, we may have never gotten a Gigantour also. Mustaine said that one of his goals was to offer a concert of a higher caliber at half the price - and he did. So it would seem that Ozzfest has created rival shows that are even better!

Walked around the place to see what else was there during Buckcherry. Godsmack was pretty good live, Static-X was very good. Their first album had been out a couple months when they were there. But Megadeth and Rob Zombie, great show right there.

Riehlthing said:
Walked around the place to see what else was there during Buckcherry. Godsmack was pretty good live, Static-X was very good. Their first album had been out a couple months when they were there. But Megadeth and Rob Zombie, great show right there.

Horses for courses I suppose. I'd have gone maybe to see Megadeth, but the rest leave me in the cold. I never got the whole Rob Zombie / White Zombie thing - it always seemed like "Dance Metal" to me, too wrapped up in the whole techno-thing, and the constant "yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah" shtick gets old. Quick.

Still, you paid your money, and you had a good time, which after all, is what matters, not the opinion of a jaded old miserable fucker like me!

never said I paid for it. I was going to, but we won 4 tickets the day before the concert. so friends and I all got in free.

white zombie was favorite band until they broke up. Rob Zombie isn't the same.

Riehlthing said:

Static-X? Godsmack? Rob Zombie?

Sounds like Ozzfest is RIGHT up your alley.