any chicks going to opeth?

NineFeetUnderground said:
let us all join hands and unanimously agree that opeth tattoos are cool, and nothing but cool. now commence sucking eachothers dicks....as a "hobby".
:lol:

like the opeth part even matters after they rattle off "finntroll, dimmu borgir, children of bodom, cannibal corpse and dragonforce" as their other favorite bands. ugh

Hey now man, I know women who are into great metal.

There their. I was amazed at this one girl at my school who took out The Jester Race by In Flames out of her backpark. She inserted the cd in her cd player. I consider that album to be an amazing album and probably one of the best melodic death metal albums ever to be created. It's really close to that label. I had a smile on my face, just when you least expect it, and she didn't even look like a metal head. I mean one doesn't have to, but she seemed really simple and smart. Not that girls who dig metal aren't smart...don't get me wrong now.

More power to em!

A Reason To Sing said:
Hey now man, I know women who are into great metal.

There their. I was amazed at this one girl at my school who took out The Jester Race by In Flames out of her backpark. She inserted the cd in her cd player. I consider that album to be an amazing album and probably one of the best melodic death metal albums ever to be created. It's really close to that label. I had a smile on my face, just when you least expect it, and she didn't even look like a metal head. I mean one doesn't have to, but she seemed really simple and smart. Not that girls who dig metal aren't smart...don't get me wrong now.

More power to em!

so because some broad took out a jester race copy out of her backpack (which her boyfriend probably bribed her to listen to), im supposed to completely rethink my experience with the dozens of female opeth fans ive come across?

not that the jester race is by ANY means the level of comparison i use to judge good taste anyway. If she pulled out a Candlemass or Venom cd out of her backpack, then id probably be impressed.

the girls i know that are into 'metal' are into underoath, atreyu, and bullet for my valentine :erk:

If she pulled out a Candlemass or Venom cd out of her backpack, then id probably be impressed.

if a girl i knew pulled a candlemass cd out of her backpack, id likely have to pull out my..

jokes aside

I dont know any girls that are into any REAL metal. They may mention Bathory, Death, or even Venom on their myspace , but if you know them they are really into trivium.

DEMIgOD said:
if a girl i knew pulled a candlemass cd out of her backpack, id likely have to pull out my..

jokes aside

I dont know any girls that are into any REAL metal. They may mention Bathory, Death, or even Venom on their myspace , but if you know them they are really into trivium.

bingo. id say typically thats a 90% true statement. its a shame.

i am a little puzzled about people's reactions here. what's so horrible about someone doesn't listen to "REAL METAL" but likes opeth? it's good that they are getting to know some quality music. i don't know bands like underoath etc that were mentioned above (metalcore?), but i guess they may grow out of listening to them (if they are indeed that bad) by hearing ghost reveries from someone and then checking out MAYH, say. opeth are becoming better known than some of the REAL METAL bands, so there are bound to be people who will listen to opeth and not some of these bands. i am not sure if we should be pushing newcomers away by saying that they don't know what REAL METAL is all about. opeth might be a good starting point for more extreme metal for many people. (i, for one, did not enjoy harsh vocals until i listened to MAYH and Morningrise).
why did this become the "bash girls who listen to opeth" thread? i don't really know a whole lot of guys or girls who listen to metal (the few that i know would not be a representative sample), but i doubt gender makes a whole lot of difference in terms of preferences of bands. but i guess you could correct me on that one, if you have a better sample.

i know a girl who listens to necrophagist, decapitated, spawn of posession, cryptopsy, obscura, ...etc. She's also one hell of a guitar player. You would never know it by looking at her though, she looks like such an airhead (and acts like one sometimes!)

OpethNZ said:
awesome, ill remember to put my raping pants on

According to your avatar, 'no girls allowed' would nullify the point in those raping pants....although I encourage you to wear them anyway, i'd like to see how 'rape pants' look different to normal pants, unless you're happy to explain the difference here :) :heh:

OH SHIT, NOT AGAIN (THREAD)

+1 from me to ANYONE into Opeth. I know a guy who's favorite artists are Garth Brooks and Opeth. +1 to him. -5 to all the haters on this board.

Are raping pants the kind of pants where you put superglue on the part of the pants besides your penis so that once you unzip and penetrate from behind, they can't get away?

Opethian666 said:
Are raping pants the kind of pants where you put superglue on the part of the pants besides your penis so that once you unzip and penetrate from behind, they can't get away?

don't be ridiculous. if you did that, you wouldn't be able to thrust properly.

what the fuck has the gender to do with the musical taste? if the girls are compared to the guys and if you guys came up with a result that the girls' taste in music is worse than the guys' think again. Theres more male fans of linkin park than the females if you know what i mean;) and again the taste in music doesnt have anything to do with the looks also. i have many female friends that are damn beautiful and into sum really good bands. some of you people make weird comparisons and get to some awkward concusions.

and about that tattoo thing, in my opinin getting a band logo as a tattoo is the most ridiculous thing ever for we wouldnt know our future opinions about that band. i mean what if showed out to be a nu metal band in the next album? we wouldnt know.

Raistlin Majere said:
and about that tattoo thing, in my opinin getting a band logo as a tattoo is the most ridiculous thing ever for we wouldnt know our future opinions about that band. i mean what if showed out to be a nu metal band in the next album? we wouldnt know.

hahaha you get a point for the nu-metal thing. It is a risk to take though I would be surprised to see Opeth becoming Nu-metal. Anyway, that reflection is good for any permanent tattoos, so let's them owners of Opeth tattoos make their own choices about what they want printed on themselves. I wouldn't personnally do it, but I find it a little disrespectful to call that ridiculous.