Any female Opeth followers?

LadyEvil said:
(you gotta start with Damnation, then they are grabbed from there).

Its funny you say that. I wasn't sure anyone else but I thought that was true!

I think its because Damnation is so accessible, its like I think alot of people are put off by the death metal vocals of the other albums, so hearing a nice album (that's pleasant to listen to all around, and demonstrates superior musical talent without being overbearing to a casual listener) might make some music fans want to check out the other albums. Not because the albums are similar to damnation, but because at this point they know they'll be rewarded for repeated listens.

LadyEvil said:
This is my first post here, and I must say that I am the most rabid FEMALE Opeth fan you will find. True, I am a metal purist (meaning I only listen to extreme metal) but Opeth is my favorite band of all time, every album, all songs. So yes, there are female Opeth fans out there and if I have anything to do with it, more will come. I already have my sister listening to them (you gotta start with Damnation, then they are grabbed from there).
That is so true. My girlfriend didnt even remotely like anything they did until she listened to Damnnation, then she was like wow this is great stuff, and so then I let her listen to still life and blackwater park and she loves them. She even bought two Opeth bootlegs and a shirt ^_^. She doesnt really like MAYH or ORchid tho, and I havent really let her listen to all of Morningrise, but she really likes To Bid You Farewell. :hotjump:

Inconium Guard said:
Honestly, after my last post, you can be sure of my respect toward women...

However, I just wanted to add, Goth girls can be very attractive, IMO. Just felt like letting everyone know, for some reason? So we don't all find dressing like that "fugly" haha..
goth girls! :yuk: i don't want to be one to overgeneralise here (especially as a woman talking about women) but while i guess i can see how goth girls can quite easily be seen as physically attractive, they seem to me to be more about image than lifestyle. then there are the few who take themselves too seriously, and they're nearly just as bad. don't get me wrong, i'm all for the odd bit of vinyl/latex and the overuse of mascarra, but when you let something like that define your lifestyle, just... uggh. :puke:

something tells me that came out wrong. :erk: i guess what i'm trying to say is feel free to dress gothic, but don't try and act it unless you're serious about it. can you imagine a pretentious goth? it's like the worst of both worlds combined!

PoS said:
goth girls! :yuk: i don't want to be one to overgeneralise here (especially as a woman talking about women) but while i guess i can see how goth girls can quite easily be seen as physically attractive, they seem to me to be more about image than lifestyle. then there are the few who take themselves too seriously, and they're nearly just as bad. don't get me wrong, i'm all for the odd bit of vinyl/latex and the overuse of mascarra, but when you let something like that define your lifestyle, just... uggh. :puke:

something tells me that came out wrong. :erk: i guess what i'm trying to say is feel free to dress gothic, but don't try and act it unless you're serious about it. can you imagine a pretentious goth? it's like the worst of both worlds combined!
the insanity of that post is tragic. Not because of you necessarily...but just all that entails women being involved in subcultures of any kind. :erk:

i think the bottom line, is that most women take the wrong things too seriously (the fashion), and the right things not very seriously (the music) in a lot of cases. Im glad youre not one of them PoS. :p

Cephalopod said:
Greetings! I am of the female variety and listen to Opeth, but I haven't posted here before. I have posted in the CoB and Vintersorg forums more often.
As for those ladies who claim to be \m/ but are not: pssh. These are the girls you will most typically see at metal shows with their boyfriends, wearing black vinyl skirts, drinking Smirnoff Ice, making out, and being bored. I happen to really despise these chicks most of the time, because they make us, the actual metalhead women of the world, look bad.
I like Death...and Cynic, Megadeth, Symphony X, Origin, Iron Maiden, Arcturus, Dimmu Borgir, Hypocrisy, Rhapsody (laughter commence), King Diamond...the list goes on and on. In (not-so) short, there are badass metal chicks in the world. Even attractive ones! We're just outnumbered.

Hell-o señorita! I'm a lady too, and what you have just said before is %100 right. I hope this will be the beginning of a gooooood friendship... \m/ :headbang:
UP the IRONS!

\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

deliverance said:
yup :wave:

fucking Furnace Funeral, ahhhhhhhh. great song.
hey! i actually stumble upon the breeding death ep the other day in a 2nd had store. picked it up for 69c. sorted!

@9ft: that's not to say i don't appreciate/partake in some aspects of that culture. *unfurls her leather whip and sends you runnin'* :heh:

j/k :saint:

I'm a lady too :)
Don't come here often just because I think this forum a bit useless besides some terms..
So nice to meet everybody!