any chicks who've been on ortho-tricyclen...

dreaming neon darkspot

natures' retard
May 13, 2002
in times of grace
so i've been on the ortho tri-cyclen birth control for about 6 months now and i'm realizing that i need to switch. after my first few months on it, i started having leg pains and mood swings and was nauseous all the time. that was also around the time that i moved back to pittsburgh so i attributed a lot of it to that, school, general stress, etc. it hasn't improved that much since i got home, though (not that this is a more relaxed environment or anything), but i'm just tired of it and really don't wanna have to get my leg amputated due to blood clots or anything

the stuff i'm on now is ortho tricyclen, which has higher incriments of estrogen over the whole month. i get stuff for free through the health department and am gonna see what other kinds of pills they offer, but i think the only other kind they do are the plain cyclen kinds that are just the same kind of pills the whole month.

any of the chicks here have advice or experience when it comes to this stuff and how one method works over another? or guys, your chicks' experiences with the stuff?

I was on a number of different birth control pills, starting with the prehistoric version of the one you're on, for a total of 20 years. They will all have some sort of side effect, in my experience, but through trial and error, you can often find one that's not especially annoying. You'd need a doctor with whom you can form a relationship to do that, though. Tell them your symptoms, and then they'll work you through it.

Alternately, try talking to your doctor about the newer forms of birth control that have come out recently. There are, of course, IUDs, and they have come a long way. There's also a ring. It's inserted up around the cervix, but it blocks nothing. It stays there a month and then you insert a new one. Your boyfriend doesn't even know it's there, nor, really, do you, and it's a little less impacting than the pill, as the hormones are absorbed through the tissues.

There's probably more, but my boyfriend got a vasectomy and ended my need to know or care.

ah, yeah... that's loyalty. sacrificing your body to pill-testing with your girl... *Cries* that's beautiful man. bless you

Get the depo-provera shot!

If there's a Planned Parenthood around, you should be able to get it for free. It's one shot every three months, and the best part is that you don't get your period anymore. I only got it once (no need to get it again since I'm not getting laid at the moment), but I had no problem at all. The only real risks are that it can cause damage to bone density, which they told me could be remedied by drinking a lot of orange juice, and possible weight gained because of an increased appetite, but only up to 5 pounds. My friend has been on it for about a year and she hasn't had any hormonal/physical problems.

Get the depo-provera shot!

If there's a Planned Parenthood around, you should be able to get it for free. It's one shot every three months, and the best part is that you don't get your period anymore. I only got it once (no need to get it again since I'm not getting laid at the moment), but I had no problem at all. The only real risks are that it can cause damage to bone density, which they told me could be remedied by drinking a lot of orange juice, and possible weight gained because of an increased appetite, but only up to 5 pounds. My friend has been on it for about a year and she hasn't had any hormonal/physical problems.
i actually was on that at first and i was bleeding constantly. plus theres a history of osteroperosis for the women on my dad's side so that probobly wouldnt help any

I was taking it but had too many side effects as well, so I switched to Yasmin. I liked it but I haven't taken it in forever, now that I'm getting laid again I'm looking at an IUD.

fuck i have a pizza downstairs, california pizza kitchen sausage, peperoni and other stuff. it looks so good, i can't wait to eat it tomorrow night, its going to make finals go by even slower.