Any fans of Opeth from the Orchid Era, here....???

waz416c

New Metal Member
Apr 19, 2005
So Im tlakin bout like the real ol' skool duders......who got into opeth way back....when orchid or even morning rise were comin out...!!!....anyone use these forums...???........I got into tehm say round 2002 or so...when deliverance adn damnation and Lamentaions were comin out...!!!.......so yeha....any ol' skoolers still round...???.......PEAC EOUT

90% of the members here now are post Still Life converts, including me. Though, I do think the earlier albums are equally as impressive as their recent ones.

ViCyniC said:
90% of the members here now are post Still Life converts, including me. Though, I do think the earlier albums are equally as impressive as their recent ones.

I know what you mean, but sadly I don't think the same.
The earlier albums had that awesome atmosphere and I strongly believe 'The Ålmighty' was better writer too.

Most of you don't necessarily need to agreed with me, so please don't start bitching. Thank you.

ive only been listening to meta lfor a couple of years...i would have been around 6 or 7 when Orchid came out. But it remains my favourite album of all time.

I discovered Opeth in 1998...first album I bought was Morningrise. It totally blew me away, can't explain it. My whole world changed...it's still one of my favourite albums...

yeah I love morning rise too.....TBYFW got me into opeth....!!!......its still one of my top 3 opeth albums..!!!........Keep rockin fellas.....!!!.........PEAC EOUT

yea TBYFW was actually the first opeth song I heard. I downloaded it from a black metal website with all the classics...kinda sad those sites don't exists anymore...

artnoir said:
I discovered Opeth in 1998...first album I bought was Morningrise. It totally blew me away, can't explain it. My whole world changed...it's still one of my favourite albums...

It was about then for me too. It was just before Still Life was released, and Morningrise did the exact same thing for me as well.

yes...it did (and still do) evoke really deep emotions in me that almost no other music can...perhaps Summoning...I just feel so personally connected with the music it's almost scary..