Any fans of Opeth from the Orchid Era, here....???

I got into them when D & D were coming out, but have loved Metal since 1986. I must say - it's been a downhill slide since Still Life, and only a few tracks off BWP are memorable.

Punctured said:
I got into them in 2003.

Not very old school :(

same, but my dad new about them back when orchid came out. He played it around the house, but I never really got into music until 2000, where I was really into dimmu borgir. now I love opeth!

I think lots of people got into them between 2001- 2003, because of Blackwater Park, Damnation, and Deliverance. Those were in Best Buys, so people saw it.

i got into Opeth when i listened to Orchid for the first time when it came out. it was in a music store. i saw the cover and got interested. then i heard the first tunes of 'In Mist She Was Standing' and was captured.

first orchid song I heard was Under the Weeping moon. and damn. that got me to listen to the rest of the album.

Moonlapse said:
[10 posts deleted]

Try again guys. Without the sillyness this time.
Me & Steve Irwin apologize. Sorry.
200px-Steve-Irwin.jpg

This is my first post here. I listen to opeth everyday and they are my favorite band ever. i started listening to Opeth in 2005 after hearing 'When' off of the century media identity 7 compilation. When is still my favorite song, as well as Epilogue and In the Mist She Was Standing.

metal_wrath said:
This is my first post here. I listen to opeth everyday and they are my favorite band ever. i started listening to Opeth in 2005 after hearing 'When' off of the century media identity 7 compilation. When is still my favorite song, as well as Epilogue and In the Mist She Was Standing.

Excellent choice of songs.We shall take you under our Opethian wings.

I read a couple of articles and reviews about Opeth here and there, thought I'd give them a try, did, fell in love, bought every damn disc available :D

Oh, it was BWP by the way, late 2004 :)

metal_wrath said:
I wonder if it's possible to get a better introduction to Opeth then When.