ANY LYRICALY MEANINGFUL DEATH METAL OUT THERE??????

ProjectedBlack said:
Ensiferum = Viking Black Metal
Extol= Death Metal, practically to the core, at least on their early albums
Into Eternity= Progressive/Death Metal
Nightrage= Melodic Death Metal
Orphaned Land = Progressive Death Metal
Ulver = Black Metal early on
Vintersorg = Viking Black Metal

Genres fights are stupid so I'm not going to get into it, but the fact that you even debated bands like Nightrage, Extol and Ulver tells me that you don't know what you're talking about.

I know exactly what I'm talking about, and well, based on what you've just written above, you clearly don't. Glad I'm on the side of the "idiots" then.

can everybody plz suck it up and NOT turn this into another fucking 'war' post, if u know somebody is wrong about something keep it to yourself if your not gonna discuss it sensibly with him/her......ok

Mercy/Severity said:
If you can't make out what they're saying, all the more reason to read the lyrics, jackass.

I agree whole heartedly, minus the jac**s part. Seeing that's why a high, high percentage of death metal albums have lyrics included.

MadeInNewJersey said:
I know exactly what I'm talking about, and well, based on what you've just written above, you clearly don't. Glad I'm on the side of the "idiots" then.

You know exactly what you're talking about huh? Go look the shit up on Metal-archives if you're really all the knowledgable. Have you ever even heard early Ulver? Because there's nothing to the music other then Black Metal. The fact that you're debating this band is what really gets me. You're acting like you're the tr00est person here and you obviously havn't heard early Ulver. What about Extol? I don't know what other to call them other then Death Metal. Nightrage? Melodic Death Metal, listen to them and tell me otherwise, and then tell me what they are.

Ensiferum? Viking Black, yeah it's not tr00 klvt but the Viking genre is related to the Black Metal genre, it doesn't have to be Darkthrone. Same thing with Vintersorg. Orphaned Land is Progressive Death pure and simple, If people are allowed to call Opeth Death Metal then Orphaned Land should sure as hell be Death Metal. Into Eternity is probably a little questionable, I'll give you that, but they definately do have Death Metal elements.

And if you're still thinking "Oh, you're a fucking idiot, you don't know anything, I'm from New Jersey, I know a lot of Metal" then why don't you tell us what those bands would be classified as?

ProjectedBlack said:
You know exactly what you're talking about huh? Go look the shit up on Metal-archives if you're really all the knowledgable. Have you ever even heard early Ulver? Because there's nothing to the music other then Black Metal. The fact that you're debating this band is what really gets me. You're acting like you're the tr00est person here and you obviously havn't heard early Ulver. What about Extol? I don't know what other to call them other then Death Metal. Nightrage? Melodic Death Metal, listen to them and tell me otherwise, and then tell me what they are.

Ensiferum? Viking Black, yeah it's not tr00 klvt but the Viking genre is related to the Black Metal genre, it doesn't have to be Darkthrone. Same thing with Vintersorg. Orphaned Land is Progressive Death pure and simple, If people are allowed to call Opeth Death Metal then Orphaned Land should sure as hell be Death Metal. Into Eternity is probably a little questionable, I'll give you that, but they definately do have Death Metal elements.

And if you're still thinking "Oh, you're a fucking idiot, you don't know anything, I'm from New Jersey, I know a lot of Metal" then why don't you tell us what those bands would be classified as?

Noo Joisey is the home of Bon Jovi.

ProjectedBlack said:

:lol: at your entire lengthy post

I think rather than bother defining the genres of these bands, I'll just let you stew in your frustration with me for a bit :tickled:

P.S. You didn't say EARLY Ulver, you just said Ulver. Of course early Ulver is black metal. Then again, the thread is, now pay close attention, ASKING FOR DEATH METAL BANDS

MasKedRage said:
"You've left me in the filth
You've left me here to die... Why?
Look at how you've broken me
Can't you see what you have done
Is it the devil in you
Or just a selfish heart"------LOL, HE SAYS IMMOLATION HAS GOOD LYRICS

"Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
What you should take and what to give"-----Opeth have good lyrics, at least better that immolation's
Well I agree with you that Opeth's lyrics are incredible, but don't be so quick to critsize. You are sporting a slipknot photograph.
Many metal bands have not only meaningful but historically acurate lyrics if that would apply to your inquiery. Look into Amon Amarth or Nile.
Also I'm fairly fond of Insomnium lyrics. They seem to have a more melancholy and emotionly attached feel opposed most aggressive metal lyrics.

Actually now that i think about it. look at just about any death metal band outside of Cannibal Corpse. Just becuase one band bases their entire existence on gore (as if the name doesn't get that across) ddoesn't mean that every other band in the genre fololows this path. I think somenone should have looked into this a little more before creating this post.

"Using our laws to help their escape,
an easy way out is what we create.
claiming insane is their way to freedom
people are stupid enough to believe them."
Way to go Death.

Idunnonuten said:
Actually now that i think about it. look at just about any death metal band outside of Cannibal Corpse. Just becuase one band bases their entire existence on gore (as if the name doesn't get that across) ddoesn't mean that every other band in the genre fololows this path. I think somenone should have looked into this a little more before creating this post.

"Using our laws to help their escape,
an easy way out is what we create.
claiming insane is their way to freedom
people are stupid enough to believe them."
Way to go Death.
i created this post as a way of looking at it a little more.....genius

I think that Borknagar has some good lyrics but they aren't death metal. Maby Nile or Deicide but Nile has many Egyptian names of ancient faraons, kings, gods, rituals etc. so in some songs I don't understand a word when I read their lyrics. Anyway Nile are death metal gods.

Argh. Cannibal Corpse is NOT death metal.

You could see it as shock metal if there is such a thing. That would be a good way to describe. CC wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Alice Cooper, & Alice Cooper wouldn't be around if it wasn't for the person he was influenced by.

Death's lyrics might be interesting.. I've never looked into them so I don't know much what they're properly about.