meaningful death metal

MasterOLightning said:
More often than not, if a band writes good music they write good lyrics, and if the music is poor, they write poor lyrics.

Not the case with bands like Children of Bodom or Cannibal Corpse, not that CC writes good music anyway.

youlookadopted said:
Not the case with bands like Children of Bodom or Cannibal Corpse, not that CC writes good music anyway.

Cannibal Corpse write good music. In fact, modern death metal wouldn't be anywhere without them...

Their newest material is on-par with everyone else's work.

I find that Cannibal Corpse are severely underrated at times.

Well after those 4 bands I mentioned, they are my next favourite DM band, probably. I'm talking brutal, more extreme DM here, I could always add Hypocrisy and take out Bloodbath, cos sure they're brutal, but it's different vox and no blastbeats yadda yadda...

Death metal is not suppose to have meaningful lyrics. It's suppose to be 'death metal'. Don't get into the genre for wrong reasons being ignorant towards death metal purists. You might aswell be a britney spears fan asking for death metal bands with lyrics you like.

Listening to different genre's not based on what they are is stupid. What if someone does not like 'meaningful lyrics' are they going to not like bands with meaningful lyrics.

What if I judged all music on 'death metal lyrics' etc... that would be stupid. If a band has great music are you not going to listen to them because you don't think the bands lyrics are directly too you. You can't even understand vocalists anyways.

Music > lyrics.

What are you expecting getting into death metal bands to talk about flowers you cock.

The Greys said:
Death metal is not suppose to have meaningful lyrics. It's suppose to be 'death metal'. Don't get into the genre for wrong reasons being ignorant towards death metal purists. You might aswell be a britney spears fan asking for death metal bands with lyrics you like.

Listening to different genre's not based on what they are is stupid. What if someone does not like 'meaningful lyrics' are they going to not like bands with meaningful lyrics.

What if I judged all music on 'death metal lyrics' etc... that would be stupid. If a band has great music are you not going to listen to them because you don't think the bands lyrics are directly too you. You can't even understand vocalists anyways.

Music > lyrics.

What are you expecting getting into death metal bands to talk about flowers you cock.

You do make a point but I think plenty of Death Metal bands have great lyrics. Like stated before, Nile has great and very intelligent lyrics about Egyptian Mythology. Behemoth (while some may dismiss as immature) have lyrics that reflect the philosophy they follow (which is based on Thelema). And also like stated before Death have some great meaningful lyrics too.

The Greys said:

Music > lyrics.

what are you talking about? did i ever say i wanted death metal bands to sing about flowers? did i even go anywhere near saying that? no, i said i'd like to listen to some death metal bands with something rather than 'fuck shit fuck my arsehole til it bleeds fuck arrrghh'. to me that doesnt qualify as meaningful lyrics. lyrics that have meaning, as i explained in the first post, enhance a song because they are words that mean something to the band. i think some bands do have great music, but i also think that music could be better if they had some intelligent lyrics. maybe you should think before going off your tits next time knobcheese.