Any more of this North American blackish & acoustic doom?

ShadarLogoth said:
a band that is exactly what the topic of this post is looking for, very influenced by agalloch by their sound,

falls of rauros
www.myspace.com/fallsofrauros

excellent stuff.

the music sounds really cool so far, i don't know how much i like the vocals though..

i changed my mind a little bit. the vox sound good at the fast parts, but are kind of unfitting at the slow parts (IMO).

David Gold said:
Greetings Infernium! As far as I know, there is not too many of us, and this North American Black/Acoustic/Doom scene is indeed rather scattered, but here is my recommendation:

The Green Evening Requiem (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA)
www.greenevening.com
www.myspace.com/thegreeneveningrequiem

They are one of my favourite bands in this genre and probably my favourite band from the USA! They may be exactly what you are looking for.

Listen and enjoy! :kickass:
+ Thanks for posting!

David - \w/

I checked them out. Great stuff!

I'd love to start a band like Woods or Agalloch someday, but it's rare to find people who share that interest.

thanks! we've recorded a promo version of a new song. we'll have it up on the internet as soon as we find the best way to upload an 8 minute song as a quality mp3. the song is called If Ever So, and will be recorded again as part of the debut album. anyone who is interested in getting a cd-r of the tune should e-mail us or send a letter. thanks again!

The Green Evening Requiem
greenevening@gmail.com
P.O. Box 13
Richboro, Pa 18954
U.S.A.

www.greenevening.com

Pale-Folklore said:
(also since we're on the topic of doom) anyone here like the finnish band thergothon?

amaaaazing (IMO) funeral doom pioneers. it's the slowest metal you'll ever hear (excluding sunn) and some of the saddest/most depressing music i've ever heard! extremely atmospheric and emotional! :) some people find their music much too slow and boring, but i think it's absolutely amazing.

download their only album "stream from the heavens" if you haven't heard it. it's very very hard to find the actual album anywhere, even on the internet. if you don't want to or can't, check out their myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/thergothon

Man. These guys are great. Too bad I can't find their album anywhere online. Looks like I'll have to stick with myspace.

greenevening said:
If Ever So, a new recording of a new song is now up on our myspace page for streaming and downloading. check it out!!!

i'll be posting a higher-quality mp3 on our website next week

The Green Evening Requiem
lol i had it downloaded before i even read this, like i said on myspace when i saw "new song added" i was like sweet then i opeened it and it said downlo0ad i was like "FUCK YEAH"