any news on a new cd?

yilduz

New Metal Member
Jan 12, 2006
Every time I listen to Oden on Our Side, I think about Amon Amarth's next cd. I know it's going to be killer, Amon Amarth always are. Anyway, 'Hermond's Ride to Hel' is the main reason I keep thinking about their next cd. I know there must be a sequel to that song coming up on their next cd and I can't wait to hear it.

Anyone know anything about the next cd?

They're supposed to be working on it, but they're probably just drinking their asses off.
Actually, now that I think about it, the two may be one and the same.

Drunkness does = creative.

The best ideas are always drunk ones.

Like stripping down to your boxers and answering the door in only a pair of insanely tight starry pants :lol:

Oh olly. you drunk.
that was an awesome friday night.

Only they seem slightly less awesome sober. Still, sometimes it's the only way to make a concert tolerable.

German Metal Hammer magazine reports today, AA will hit the studio beginning of May. Release date is stated for September 26 (if everything runs smoothly and as planned).
Don't know if this is true ... don't blame me if it isn't ;-)

Yeah...damn, sooner than I expected. Can't wait for the first video. Hoping they have a bigger budget this time for some truly epic Viking battles.

Yeah...damn, sooner than I expected. Can't wait for the first video. Hoping they have a bigger budget this time for some truly epic Viking battles.

Hell, I'll play one of the vikings in it... No need to pay anyone for it.

Anyway. Five months isn't very long, I suppose. A couple of my favorite bands are releasing CDs between now and then anyway so I'll have some stuff to hold me over until then. It's going to be a good year. :headbang:

i can't wait for this album. AA is one of my all-time favorite bands... and to think i only picked them up based on a (different) message board's mass love of them :) it was a blind buy on my part i mean. ended up buying all of the CDs eventually. and i even bought the 3-disc DVD. can't wait for the new album, and can't wait till i get around to re-purchasing "the avenger" (someone stole it from a friend's house) *pissed look*

(i started with Fate of Norns)

which album did you guys start with?

i wish the band mass amounts of luck and success:kickass:

PS: if anyone from the band is reading this: you guys should release a new DVD with all of your videos on it (even though they are on youtube, i'd still buy it)and some new live stuff along with the videos. that'd be killer (another 3-disc will due):headbang::lol:

i can't wait for this album. AA is one of my all-time favorite bands... and to think i only picked them up based on a (different) message board's mass love of them :) it was a blind buy on my part i mean. ended up buying all of the CDs eventually. and i even bought the 3-disc DVD. can't wait for the new album, and can't wait till i get around to re-purchasing "the avenger" (someone stole it from a friend's house) *pissed look*

(i started with Fate of Norns)

which album did you guys start with?

i wish the band mass amounts of luck and success:kickass:

PS: if anyone from the band is reading this: you guys should release a new DVD with all of your videos on it (even though they are on youtube, i'd still buy it)and some new live stuff along with the videos. that'd be killer (another 3-disc will due):headbang::lol:

I also think a DVD with all their videos would be cool. I watch them on youtube a lot. They really make great videos.
I started with Versus the World. After that, I was hooked. I think my favorite is probably With Oden on Our Side.

Is there a bigger report on that in it or did they just mention it?

unfortunately not, it was just posted in the news section. Here's a scan:

aamhvp9.jpg

I also think a DVD with all their videos would be cool. I watch them on youtube a lot. They really make great videos.
I started with Versus the World. After that, I was hooked. I think my favorite is probably With Oden on Our Side.
They have...4 videos. Not enough for a DVD (You hear that, Megadeth?!)
:kickass:
I don't have a clue what it says, but I read it out loud and it sounded FUCKING METAL!:kickass:

Angry? I speak german and it doesn't sound as angry as it looks, but yes, it's a beutiful language.
I can't wait for the new video, with all the new dinosaur and robot wars it will be the most awesome video ever if they use special fx and all that shit.