Any Old School/Classic Metal Fans?

53Crëw

Jan 31, 2007
I was listening to some old Saxon, and Diamond Head's original version of "Am I Evil". I still love that stuff. :headbang:
album2.jpg

Am%20I%20Evil.jpg

Anyone else have some oldie but goodie bands they still like?

You can have my copy of Sad Wings of Destiny when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!
356679_12435956676L6E.jpg

FWIW, I just finished an old-school 80's type album with Fredrik Nordstrom... It'll be out later this year.

judas_priest__defenders_of_the_faith_pats.jpg

My favorite classic metal album by far (better than Screaming IMO, though they're both great - can't stand British Steel and Point of Entry though, so boring :yuk: ) Priest > Maiden here

can't stand British Steel and Point of Entry though, so boring :yuk: ) Priest > Maiden here

You don't like British Steel? WTF is wrong with you? Metal Gods, Steeler, The Rage, Rapid Fire... that album fucking slays.

There's a reason why Dimebag always wore that razor blade...
DimebagDarrell_RIP.jpg

I can understand POE though... it's like they said, "Hey, we had a hit with Living after Midnight, let's make an album full of 'em... that'll give us LOTS of hits!" Not the smartest idea they've had, IMO.

Dimebag can (or could) wear whatever he likes, but I just don't like the poppy anthem type of feel on it; Rapid Fire is pretty solid, I guess, so is Breakin' the Law; I wouldn't say I outright dislike it, but it's just so simplistic and dull IMO, especially compared to the stuff that came both earlier and later (I feel like Turbo gets a bad rap, "Out in the Cold" is one of the best of their career IMO :headbang: Never listened to "Ram it Down")

Ooh yeah, forgot about "The Rage", even though the slight Reggae vibe makes me :yuk: initially, that main riff grooves so hard when it comes in :kickass:

metallica_kill_em_all.jpg

My favorite album for all of 2005 and 2006

Powerslave.jpg

Still love it

Black_Sabbath_debut_album.jpg

Black_Sabbath_-_Paranoid.jpg

Can't forget these two, epic albums! Tony Iommi was always one of the best metal guitarists around, despite how simple his technique might be compared to what's around today.
Always played tastefully when he did solos

No matter how much production has moved on sonically, all these albums (and those are just a few of the classic metal albums I dig) will remain in my heart because they can stand on their own musical merits:headbang:

Sign of the Hammer ftw.

And while Iron Maiden (especially SSOASS) is one of my favourite bands (their last tour was the best show I ever saw), and while I like 'em better than Priest as a whole, Painkiller is to me, undeniably, the best heavy metal album ever.