Old school yet "original" Thrash?

Yeah I'm not that much of a thrash-core/crossover fan honestly, even though DRI are quite fun.
But Hades and Protector are more my cup of beer :D

Thanks for the tips anyway U.M.

Wyvern said:
I wouldn't call D.R.I thrash, they were by excellence (along with S.O.D.) the front-runners of hardcore. Suicidal Tendencies was a crossover, more thrash in the beginning, more funky after Rocky George left the band.

I'll throw some names in the arena: Death Row, Exhorder, Sacrifice, Protector, Savage Steel, STOS

Woahhh which D.R.I. albums have you heard? lol .. i meant all albums after Crossover.. like Four of a Kind and Thrashzone.. i seen them live back in the 80's.. trust me .. all thrash fest with these guys.. one of my fave thrash bands of the late 80's... still have my D.R.I. shirt from one of the shows lol .. anything before Crossover is considered hardcore... ST was thrash on HOw will i Laugh today album and after that.. anything before that was hardcore or punky... :wave:

Wyvern said:
I wouldn't call D.R.I thrash,

Me niether. They were part of that crossover scene in the mid 80's that fused hardcore punk and metal, while it was fast and heavy it still was not thrash to me. Those bands had their own thing going (which for the most part I didn't like).

Again what albums did you listen to? because listening to their earlier material up to the album Crossover is not the same as listening to Four of a Kind and the albums after that...

The 3 I remember the most are Dealing With It, Crossover, and 4 Of A Kind. Been a loooong time since I've heard any DRI..... just not a fan, no biggie.