Under Rated, Under Appreciated and yet Brilliant!

HA! Got one!

Exhorder - Slaughter in the Vatican

While not completely and purely "old school" these guys ripped it up at the end of the late 80s and lets be honest, another band took a big cue from them ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
and while I like "Go and Live Stay and Die" from Vendetta as James had posted above, I still thought "Brain Damage" was the better album ... seriously, check out dude's moustache!

ok another one I think was overlooked

the original wet dream inspiration for me (besides Doro Pesch)

The Great Kat

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evvYWN3bKi4&feature=related[/ame]

folderun9.jpg

rubbish production, but there would have probably been a very different Pantera without it.

[EDIT: FUCK! Beaten to it a few minutes ago]

It could just be me, but almost all of the album covers make me happy. Don't know why, just makes me wanna listen to every single album. :headbang:

ah thought exhorder had been posted on the first page or id have posted the shit outa it

Ok so this isn't strictly thrash but

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ_1PgFAyAw&feature=related[/ame]

and this DEFINITELY isn't thrash but such good shred!

Wan't Victims of Deception TOTALLY trying to be And Justice For All? (songwise, and especially production wise)

Don't know man, there is a noticeable bass sound on the Heathen disc ;)

To be honest, I thought the Heathen disc may have taken cues from the "Justice" production, but I think its actually a bit superior in some ways. Sounds fuller to me, maybe because of the presence of the bass ... can't say for sure ...

but I gotta say the guitars are bigger sounding without a doubt ... a little less scooped

Don't know man, there is a noticeable bass sound on the Heathen disc ;)

To be honest, I thought the Heathen disc may have taken cues from the "Justice" production, but I think its actually a bit superior in some ways. Sounds fuller to me, maybe because of the presence of the bass ... can't say for sure ...

but I gotta say the guitars are bigger sounding without a doubt ... a little less scooped

I haven't listened to it in a couple of years, need to listen to it again!

I'm one of the few people it seems who really likes the Justice production. I always thought it was one of the heaviest albums in standard E-tuning. Crushing guitar sound - especially compared with everything else coming out in 88/89.

I haven't listened to it in a couple of years, need to listen to it again!

I'm one of the few people it seems who really likes the Justice production. I always thought it was one of the heaviest albums in standard E-tuning. Crushing guitar sound - especially compared with everything else coming out in 88/89.

No no no! Don't take what I said wrong ... I also like the sound of "Justice" ... I thought it fit perfectly to the mood of the songs. Was only saying that the guitar sound on the Heathen disc, while being similar, just seemed a bit more full in a way but it could also be because there is bass to be heard so that could have contributed to it.

Personally, I would love a "Justice" remix but not because I don't like the original sound. Would just be cool to hear an updated and more balanced approach to the mix (THATS what the bass was doing!)

Liege Lord - "Master Control"

1121.jpg

At War - "Retaliatory Strike"

9085.jpg

Cerebral Fix - "Life Sucks.... And Then You Die"

4122.jpg

Hexenhaus - "The Edge Of Eternity"

4629.jpg

United - "Bloody But Unbowed"

32986.jpg

Leeway - "Born To Expire"

46858.jpg

Acid - "Engine Beast"

Acid-Engine+beast.jpg

S.A. Slayer - "Prepare To Die"

SASlayer-PTD%5B1%5D.jpg

Helstar - "Nosferatu"

605.jpg

Hirax - "Raging Violence"

Hirax-RagingViolence-Front.jpg

You're not alone

No my bad....was the right thread

nah i love justice - guitars and drums are cool
just needs bass

they should quit writing new stuff until they got back and remix that thing

i know its unique for a reason, unique and part of its charm and their history etc - but i'd personally KILL for that to happen

and hey c'mon, no-one else loving this as much as me? http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=87 Hetfield

James? Shouldn't you be doing something? You seem to have a lot of free time today :p

ha... yeah.. i'm mixng an album for Metal Blade. by the way everyone, i finished the Abigail Williams album and it's been mastered (by me), delivered, and is currently being manufactured for release... in Oct, i think, on Candlelight Records. so save your sheckles.

not a very flattering pick of me Carlos..... you bazdid. :zombie:

ha... yeah.. i'm mixng an album for Metal Blade. by the way everyone, i finished the Abigail Williams album and it's been mastered (by me), delivered, and is currently being manufactured for release... in Oct, i think, on Candlelight Records. so save your sheckles.

not a very flattering pick of me Carlos..... you bazdid. :zombie:

the camera doesn't lie James hahahaha :D

Sentinel Beast - "Depths Of Death"

Sentinel+Beast+-+Depths+of+Death+%28F%29.JPG

The Rods - "Wild Dogs"

rods%5B1%5D.jpg

Détente - "Recognize No Authority"

Recognize+No+Authority.jpg

Agony Column - "God, Guns, & Guts"

AgonyColumn-GGAG.jpg

Angkor Wat - "Corpus Christi"

4431.jpg