Anybody heard the new Mars Volta yet?

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Heard one song and it kinda sucked, but those dudes rock and I just read a real positive review so I don't want to write it off. Anybody heard them shitz yet?

Peace, Love, Recycle.

Pitchfork says "A homogeneous shitheap of stream-of-consciousness turgidity."

Cool.

thinkingxxx.jpg

Wow, are Jenna's boobs with child?

Fuck this, brand new on half.com for $7.49 + shipping. I owe them one for listening to Deloused on CD-R about 400 times last year (still don't own it).

Chromatose said:
pitchfork is the ANUS of indie kids?

Yes they're just as infamous for arrogance, but this band is as pretentious as an art school graduate student with a minor in philosophy (IMO of course.) I think some of their material is gut-bustingly awesome, but they go in over their puffed up heads just as often, and despite what you may have heard they're not The Band That Will Single-Handedly Reinvent Prog And Make It Acceptable To Love Again. (that would be kayo dot. or sleepytime gorilla museum. buy of natural history now.)

Demonspell said:
Yes they're just as infamous for arrogance, but this band is as pretentious as an art school graduate student with a minor in philosophy (IMO of course.)

also infamous for giving amazing reviews to complete crap albums , and vice versa

well, it's technical as FUCK. I tried listening to it a few times. I am still undecided. I have to be in the right mood though. I used to love Deloused...then I found out the singer is a dude and it kinda turned me off a lot. Imagine that, lol.

One Inch Man said:
Fuck this, brand new on half.com for $7.49 + shipping. I owe them one for listening to Deloused on CD-R about 400 times last year (still don't own it).
I think you can get it for about 7.99 at Target and Best Buy too.

I heard it awhile back and thought it sounded pretty solid. I have the last one too, although I never really fully got into it. Good stuff, probably deserves more of my attention. But then, so do about 100 other bands.

well I love Deloused. I am definately going to give it a listen. Doomcifer, I thought the singer was a eunuch, but I am not gay enough to find out. I still dig his voice, its like a cross between Mustaine, Geddy Lee, and Freddy Mercury. Over the top ball-less brilliance.

I remember listening to their CD in a store after all the hype. And once again, people hype shit. Those vocals suck.

i dont understand how a underground metal fan can call The Mars Volta pretentious? Isnt that the whole point of their music? Isnt that why it is good?