Anybody why to try mixing a tune for me?

DanAbela said:
Splatt, just out of curiosity, which limiter are you using?

On the first mixes I was using a Waves L3 multimax. On these last ones I used Voxengo Elephant. Its a bit smoother to my ears.

I won't go through and comment on every single track from round 3. I will say that IMHO the best overall mixes came from:

Daunt
CJWall
Splatt88

The band chose to go with Splatt88 for mixing and mastering of all 8 (maybe 9) songs. They felt that Splatt best represented the sound the band was trying to achieve. I agree.

It's cool that the forum made this possible. I never thought I would be tracking in Ohio and sending files to people to mix all over the planet.

Thanks again to everyone that participated. I look forward to hearing all the mixes for the other contest (The COAST). I know members of the band are already pleased with some of the mixes they've heard. I am too.

Cheers and take care..........

CJ's mix was really fucking good. Those last splatt mixes were really good too.

Daunt's had great clarity.

cheers moonie and MKS!

I too am glad the band got what they were looking for. I was aiming to make them sound heavy as I could but later read they described themselves as hardcore-ish hardrock ish, which I think Splatt's mix conveyed perfectly. Congrats man!

Cheers,
Charlie