Anyone else bored to death with award shows?

Chris Lotesto

Uncle Fester
Aug 6, 2004
www.ionvein.com
I generally make it a habit NOT to watch shows like the
Grammy's, Oscar's etc. mainly because they reek of
pre-fabbed, cautiously contrived bullcrap and aren't
necessarily reflective of what the people really think
or feel.

Sooo, that being said, I did manage to catch
about 30 minutes or so of the Oscars while out to dinner
as the place had it on the big screen and every other
screen for that matter. Needless to say, my feelings
haven't changed...it sure would have been nice to hear
what Robin Williams and Chris Rock really wanted to say!
...and why the hell was Beyonce singing those songs, what
the actual recording artist isn't good enough for the show
or flashy enough?? F them!

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

heh....I not only make it a habit....I promise myself I WILL NOT, under any circumstances watch award shows. Remember when there were only 2 shows? The Oscars, and the Grammy's? Now how many are there: The gospel music awards, the country music awards, R&B and soul awards...just to name a few..oh and lets not forget how they broke the Emmy's up into two separate shows, the daytime Emmy's and the "regular" Emmy's.
Blech,it all got way too confusing for me. And I think they overstepped their bounds of what really matters (not like giving awards to people who make millions of dollars to "cry on queu" matters). OK so best picture is good....but do we really need to have an award for "best person who got coffee on set"?hehehe. Totally ridiculous...
PS....so What place were you at that the Academy Awards took enough precedence to have them show it on their big screen? You mean there were no sports to show? OMG!!! there's another thread all by itself...how long does the baseball and basketball season truly have to go? Heck, it's only March and they are already playing baseball in Arizona...sheesh...will it ever end?
Now football is a different story....I could watch football all year round...I love to watch men beat each other up over a silly shaped ball, not too much beats that!
Anyhoo...there's my two cents for the day ;)