anyone else have LARGE hopes for Nevermore and Sneap again?

Pitiless Wanderer

Jun 14, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
The next Nevermore album is huge in my opinion. I cant stress enough how important it is to me and Nevermore fans, especially after the way Dead Heart sounded and how their last release sounded. I dont want to make Andy feel pressure but, this is indeed a BIG release for Nevermore...and I cant wait to hear it!!!

sorry man... i know good/bad judgements are often very subjective, but you are just plain wrong on that one... i love Nevermore.. Loomy is a good friend.. trust me, even he knows that Enemies was produced poorly. thus, the return to Andy.

looking forward to the results.

I had a funny realization listening to "Enemies of reality". I don't think it sucks, it's just different. Andy Sneap is my god when i comes to recording. I'm always referencing his stuff when i record with my band and i'm dying to hear new Nevermore, especially with Andy Sneap at the console and new blood on guitar.

But it's like my ears adjust to the production on E.O.R. I think it sounds great but it takes me a few minutes to adjust. It always sounds weird at first, like there's a whole bunch of missing frequencies.

Could it just have been butchered during mastering?

thanks for replying guys!

yea man, the actual songs on EOR are very solid...some of the best in my opinion. but the production is a real let down. the mixing is garbage. it's frustrating because that release was supposed to catapult the band to a new level...leading the metal scene for the next few years...but instead it seems like it kind of just floated by without anyone noticing that much. andy's work on dead heart is absolutely his best work to date in my opinion...i cant wait to hear how this one sounds....Loomis is a guitar GOD!!!!

mik said:
andy, do you remember jeff's guitar rig during the DHDW recording session?was it really a pod pro?

For his live tone, if I remember correctly, Jeff used the Modern Hi Gain model with a fair amount of mids thrown in there, everything was pushed pretty hard on the POD. I always thought that the only really good amp model for metal in the POD 2.0 / POD Pro was the Modern Hi Gain model. The PODXT on the other hand is a lot better especially with the model packs. I really want to try to get to the point of using this live but I don't want to risk having terrible tone for a gig to just experiment.

James Murphy said:
i love the songs... hate the production

Same for me! It sounds like a demotape. And I mean a rough demotape! :yuk:
'Cause nowadays I've been listening to a lot of underground demotape stuff and there's a few ones that you could take for a record /CD quality!