anyone going to Gigantour?

I'm going. August 12th in Chicago (well, technically it's Tinley Park). I haven't seen Nevermore live yet, so that will rock. I still need to pick up the redone Enemies of Reality. I hate listening to the original copy b/c that production is sooo bad.

i've seen nevermore live in aurora IL (at the once again closed rileys rock house) with in flames, and shadows fall. i don't think this tour is coming to nashville but, if it comes close enough (atlanta GA or louisville KY) i'll probley go. i have to look at the tour dates.

I'll be at the Cleveland show, but I'm really only going to see LOA. I'll probably stick around to see Megadeth. The rest I could care less about.

karrokid said:
i don't think this tour is coming to nashville but, if it comes close enough (atlanta GA or louisville KY) i'll probley go. i have to look at the tour dates.

It's technically not coming to ATL. It's coming to Duluth, in Gwinnett county. But it's the "metro Atlanta area" so whatever. :rolleyes:

All the concerts I've seen there and not one band has failed to say "Thank you ATLANTA!" at the shows end Seriously, it's called the Gwinnett arena for a reason, folks.

Life of agony should be entertaining as they always were live although new cd is subpar.

Dream theater is always killer live yet I am only so so on their new cd.

Nevermore should get about 10-15 more minutes and will really do well on this tour!! Their new cd coming out on July 26 will be one of the best cds this year!!:headbang:

GregadetH said:
It's technically not coming to ATL. It's coming to Duluth, in Gwinnett county. But it's the "metro Atlanta area" so whatever. :rolleyes:

All the concerts I've seen there and not one band has failed to say "Thank you ATLANTA!" at the shows end Seriously, it's called the Gwinnett arena for a reason, folks.

That's like the DTE Energy Theater(used to be Pine Knob) in Michigan. It is in Pontiac but they always say "Thank you Detroit" It is in the Metro area(15-20 miles away from Detroit) but it is not Detroit.

Anyways, I am NOT going to the show. I don't really like any of the bands on it. I am curious about Nevermore though, I keep hearing good things about the band but I am not sure what would be a good cd of theirs to start off with? What would you guys suggest?

MyHatredforYouRunsDeep said:
That's like the DTE Energy Theater(used to be Pine Knob) in Michigan. It is in Pontiac but they always say "Thank you Detroit" It is in the Metro area(15-20 miles away from Detroit) but it is not Detroit.

Anyways, I am NOT going to the show. I don't really like any of the bands on it. I am curious about Nevermore though, I keep hearing good things about the band but I am not sure what would be a good cd of theirs to start off with? What would you guys suggest?

their new cd coming out july 26 sounds killer from what I have heard online. If you get their last cd enemies of reality, you have to get the remixed version done by andy sneap as the original rocks but has sucky production. Dead Heart in a dead world is also a killer cd!!

I would recommend going to www.centurymedia.com and going to audio section as they have a song or two from each of their cds on mp3 in their entirety to listen to.

They are one of best US metal bands and hopefully will headline after their gigs on this gigantour.

I used to go to Pine Knob for all my shows growing up in Michigan. It is like when the Cardinals in Arizona play in Tempe or when they will be playing in Glendale and they used to call them the Phoenix cardinals when they first moved there.:Smug: